my gcfscape was out of date. i downloaded a new one from nem's page and it works fine now.
Posts by Izuno
-
-
i voted game and mods.
i'm most excited to work with a new engine and make more detailed maps.
-
ever get this error even though steam is shut down?
[Blocked Image: http://www.izuno.net/pubbin/gcferror.jpg]
-
hey jay...
welcome to the mapcore forums. once HL2 ships there should be a huge surge in discussion about the engine around here.

see you around!
-
Mom: "You want to work in video games?!"
Mom: "When are you going to get this video game thing off your brain?"
Dad: "It's your life. Do what you want."
Mom: "Look! I clipped these articles about video game industry from the newspaper!....Did they promote you yet?"
Mom: "When are they going to promote you?"
Mom: "Do they have stock? Will they give you stock options?"
-
well perhaps that is true, Zaph. if that's all, i see your point. but it did seem like he intentially tried to recreated Andy's map so that's what people were reacting to. even if there is no melicious intent, i personally feel it's not cool to copy someone else's stuff that closely (and yes it does appear to not be EXACT) without acknoledging it. maybe there is a fine line somewhere and we haven't all agreed on where it cuts. at first glance it really does look like an attempt at an exact copy.
-
wow that is so blantant. I thought those pics looked familiar...then IR's post confirmed it.
seriously...WTF???
this was once a problem on the DoD Mapping forums...but never this blantant. I have heard of extracting and using textures without permission, but ripping of architecture to this extreme is a act i have never seen before.
wow.

-
all new members of the forum must watch that before they can post and pass a short quiz on the contents of that movie before posting...imo.
-
mike is it the same version i read a few months ago? it was a good script with a lot of potential...not to mention it would be relatively cheap to make. bummer on project greenlight.
-
muhahaha. one day you can be a suit like me!
-
i'll buy multiple shirts in different colors.
-
Me likes.
the grass looks really good. (just a detail comment there).
i really like how all the npcs don't look the same...further emphasizing the fact that they have personalities and *hopefully* you will "get to know them" and have at least some kind of emotional connection with them...even if just a little. hopefully the writer did a good job... :wink:
-
it's just one screenshot, so let's not get all worked up over it.
i am actually interested to see how HL ports to source. i think it would help illustrate just how different (or not!) the engines are by seeing old engine maps in the new technology.
-
I just pulled data today from NPD's game retail area. Interesting results:
Week of_________Units Sold____Dollar Revenue_____Average Price
07/25/04________281_________$15,018____________$53.45
08/01/04________110,926_____$5,885,326__________$53.06
08/08/04________42,646______$2,173,508__________$50.97
I'm not sure if this is raw scantron data or if this has been "grossed up" to account for Walmart and the rest of the market that doesn't report to NPD. (I think it is the estimate of 100% of US market)
Not sure whtat the week 7/25 is cause i didn't htink it was on sale then.
So it seems the real "week 1" is the 8-1-04 week where it went on sale 8-3-04 (Tuesday) and it did about 110,000 units.
If i can get more information I will provide.
-
finished Inside Delta Force by Eric Hanley recently
Reading Bourne Supremacy right now...though i'm not getting into it as much as i've hoped.
Then i have a bunch of business non-fiction.
I suppose i should finish the 3rd book of Lord of the Rings some day.
-
Quote from Mojo
Don't forget GTA:London. Red double deckers are big and clever.
that is why the next GTA needs to take place in Europe. As much as I enjoy it taking place here in the states, I want 3D Europe action with Minis and Double-Deckers, and driving on the other side of the road.
GTA: English Channel
GTA: Eurotastic
GTA: Parlez Vous Bling?
GTA:
Whatever....point is a Euro game might be cool, however I think there's gotta be another big time American based GTA game.
Here are some "other" possible names for other American cities. Try to guess which city/region corresponds to which name:
GTA: Twin Cities
GTA: Hi...I'm in...Delaware
GTA: Spotted Owl
GTA: North Shore
GTA: Bayou
GTA: Turnpike
GTA: Maple Syrup
GTA: Beantown
GTA: Lakeshore
GTA: Lone Star
GTA: Mason Dixon
GTA: Like Las Vegas, only full of rednecks and skiers
GTA: Motown
....i digress. I hope GTA:SA is fun.
-
yeus...i read one of zilla's early drafts of another work and it was pretty cool.
-
hopefully nvidia will respond with a driver that closes the gap somewhat. I'm not about to junk the 6800u and drop $500 on the X800
-
great job overall.
it does remind me to torn in a way, just little spots here and there but it does definitely feel different from the pics...like a european town in the fall as opposed to turkey or wherever torn is set. i'd say vary up the building textures, but you really can't tell if that's needed until you play it...the architecture looks great.
-