ah man the old school....i was so naive back then...
Posts by Izuno
-
-
quick update you may have already seen, but this issue made the GameDaily again this morning:
-
plz...SA forums? We have a unique community here focused on game design. don't lose the focus. especially not now.
i can't believe this idea was even suggested, but then again, it shouldn't be a shock.
-
so far the 6800ultra hasn't had any problems rendering Doom3, FarCry, CS:S at 1280x1024 at max (or nearly max) settings. Mine only supports digital output, but u can use an analog screen fine with a converter.
my office machine is a 6800gt and that has also had no problems and there is really no performance difference that I can detect in game. i used to have a 9800pro in the same machine before the gt, and the upgrade made a big difference in Doom3 at least
-
excellent work.
if you want a job, there is probably one for you somewhere. Uber max skillz always in demand, in gaming or even other industries.
Keep up the good work.
-
Quote from GrayFox
SSX is not crappy but then again it's from EA BIG...
I loved SSX 3...my favorite extreme sports game of all time....though EA Big did it.
Quote from Zaphodno, DICE made battlefield
well i didn't love Battlefield, but i def liked it.
That makes me think, any inhouse developed non sports game from EA internal studios (outside BIG) that people really liked? They must have put out something that was good....right?

-
hookers.
that or free games (i play shooters as part of my research)
my boss often takes out our groups to movies on fridays....though like once a quarter and hit has to be a kick ass movie.
we get a holiday party each year...um........we have a softball team in a local league plus other sports.
we also play game on the lan after 5, though usually means at 6 we all go back to work for a while. in crunch time we'll often order in pizza and work real late.
-
I've worked with, or currently work with, three of our major internal studios that we own: Volition, Rainbow and Relic. They all work hard and put in overtime during a crunch period, but I've never heard anything like that story about 85 hour weeks at EA over and over and over through the life of a project with no comp time. That's kinda scary that it's like that.
-
i opened an existing HL1 .rmf in Hammer 3.5, exported it to a .map, then opened the .map in Hammer 4.0 and that worked just fine. Of course none of the textures carried over.
-
-
Ok I get the drift, and this was as I expected, however this is obviously not a scientific survey. So I'll open this up to a broader question:
Is the idea of online Stealth Action multiplayer fun? Would that make you buy a Stealth Action game? How does it compare to online shooter games or online RTS games? Open commentary welcome. Please try to stay on topic.
Thanks!
-
If you have Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow for PC, Xbox or PS2, do you play it online? If so how much?
-
....ok i'll just not comment.
good luck with the BiA launch. I'm looking forward to it.
-
Quote from mikezilla
So to date Painkiller has sold over 500,000 copies...
Just curious but is that a world wide number?
US domestic life to date in NPD is 69,662 units. That's estimated.
Raw scantron data has USA sales at 58,516 (meaning without WalMart and a few very small chains)
So has this title sold a lot internationally? That's great that the game is getting some attention from CPL, given I've heard a lot of positive things about it but haven't played it myself.
-
-
Obviously I know Day of Defeat is a World War 2 mod...but what other mod for WW 2 are there, for any shooter engine?
All I'm looking for a is a list. I'm sure there are mods I haven't heard of and I can't find a simple listing on moddb or anywhere else.
Red Orchestra is for UT2004 right?
Resistance and Liberation for HL2 is in development right?
etc...
-
no update right now...devs are busy...seriously. we're in "media blackout phase" right now. i would love nothing more than to give out all the details here, but it's going to have to wait.
i think i should write a funny article about my experiences with Stalker after it's released.
-
-
now let's just hope they release it within a reasonable time frame!!!!
oh...got my copy of PC Gamer (US version) in the mail finally (think it came on friday last week)...guess i'll break down and read it before i play the game cause it's supposed to not have any spoilers.
-
thanks for moving zilla.
Ol...you should talk to me about this, given Stalker is my product.