lol!
well definitely a good start to some maps. i'd like to see some more variety in those underground passage ways. i guess i'd have to walk through to give you better/meaningful feedback.
good work overall from the pics.
lol!
well definitely a good start to some maps. i'd like to see some more variety in those underground passage ways. i guess i'd have to walk through to give you better/meaningful feedback.
good work overall from the pics.
Hmm...yeah I forgot about this thread since it's been a while plus the forums when down.
So here's the low down...
THQ announced that STALKER won't ship until the back half of it's 2006 Fiscal Year. This means sometime between Oct 1, 2005 and March 31, 2006. As such, the stage 2 semi-public beta has not been scheduled yet.
So this was basically an exercise in futility. Sorry to get your hopes up, but that's just how this kind of software goes sometimes, especially when it's being developed in Kiev, Ukraine.
I wish I had more information, but honestly I don't. All I can say is that it is a very ambitious game and the developer simply needs more time. THQ is still very excited about it.
Stupid corporate publishers...
erm....
yeah, you heard me.
[Homeworld soundtrack]
Homeworld and Homeworld 2 are both products of Vivendi Universal Games. Any publication/use of music from those games must be with permission from the VUG legal department. Sorry, can't help ya on this one.
However, my cousin made a couple of short movies in film school using both HW and Half-Life music, and he got in touch with VUG legal and they allowed him to use a song or two. The catch was that it was for educational use only and not for a commercial release.
For this context, I am not sure how VUG would feel about releasing an entire soundtrack.
[/Homeworld soundtrack]
back on topic...
I love the soundtrack from the original Quake by Trent Reznor.
Soundtracks for the 2 expansion packs are cool, though they are more orchestral in nature...still good, though.
Quote from skdrIzuno, do you have a usb cable attached from your monitor to your case because those monitor ports doesnt just work with monitors power cable
You have to use usb cable from case to monitor so the monitor's own usb hub could work.
Ah. Thanks for the explanation. No I don't have such a cable.
interesting...my monitor at work (17" dell flat panel) has 2 USB ports in the side, but so far i have not been able to recognize any USB device in them, 1.1 or 2.0. I wonder if it is a driver issue.
i played the first 2 and liked them both very much.
i don't see any reason why i won't play this one.
gg
the blue and white motif is very akin to the Greek islands in the Agean...particularly of Santorini and Chios...as well as some plats of Corfu in the Ionian Sea.
def lookin better in the second one.
pretty sweet. cool what people are doing in flash.
erm...I think they should fix the whole texture subsystem in Hammer.
um...
yeah. I heard of System Shock and it was a great game. This one needs a LOT of work.
excellent, Insta.
this is a scary concept of news corp owning a publisher. very scary.
Quote from 3D_Mike
cant do much with it *swiftly moves on to css-map
Izuno, you a fan of Stalker or acutally working on it? It showed great promise
~nm I saw your location was LA, Stalker is made in Minsk (Russia) if I remember correctly
I am the US product manager on Stalker at THQ. Our UK office is globally managing it.
Stalker is being made at GSC in Kiev, just 100km from Chernobyl. (mmmmmm....what's your RAD count today?!)