1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. PhilipK

Posts by PhilipK

  • WIP Level Design Final

    • PhilipK
    • May 12, 2005 at 9:08 AM

    awesome stuff ferr@von~~

    really likes it so far.

  • some new black and whites...

    • PhilipK
    • May 11, 2005 at 6:12 PM

    awsome contrast and focus.

    I like the last one most.

  • Sands-of-War is recruiting

    • PhilipK
    • May 11, 2005 at 6:07 PM

    if those are my model they were designed to look good in a redish lighting.. now they look very green.

  • baby on the way!

    • PhilipK
    • May 11, 2005 at 11:17 AM

    Congrats KFS ! Cool news.

  • WIP Room scene

    • PhilipK
    • May 9, 2005 at 11:04 PM

    nah they aren't for games. just wanna use as much as possible at this.

  • WIP Room scene

    • PhilipK
    • May 9, 2005 at 10:12 PM

    Ty. I came up with a cool idea while taking a shit.

    Im gonna make a worn "20 years after" version as well. With broken shit and rust etc everywhere. So one clean and one worn version

  • [WIP] Aircraft - Boeing 777

    • PhilipK
    • May 9, 2005 at 8:11 PM

    Thats a cool clip cjay. I wanna see more!

  • The new Unreal Tournament (Unreal Engine3) new screens!

    • PhilipK
    • May 9, 2005 at 8:00 PM
    Quote from slicky

    yea same, i still prefer the graphics for oblivion, even if the poly counts arent quite on the UT par, thats not everything. i think the art direction is better and i also think UT suffers a bit from the doom3 shiny play-doh looking characters.

    lookit here http://%7boption%7d

    now this is pretty fckn much what I like:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.elderscrolls.com/images/art/obliv/obliv01B.jpg]

  • Kingdom of Heaven

    • PhilipK
    • May 9, 2005 at 7:58 PM
    Quote from Mazy

    Im so tired of these big epic movies with huge battles. I had enough after the stuff in LOTR:ROTK, but apparently other people still like this :GAnyway, Ridley Scott needs to do a new sci fi movie

    Word!

    I so want a new good sci fi movie.

  • WIP Room scene

    • PhilipK
    • May 9, 2005 at 7:52 PM

    Didn't figure out vray very much yet.

    So here's some more progress...

    [Blocked Image: http://blaz.csbanana.com/new_scene8.jpg]

    And a test with shitty lighting (not using vray)

    [Blocked Image: http://blaz.csbanana.com/new_scene_shittylights.jpg]

    And yes Im aware of the carpet

    It will be worked on..

    Enough work for today tho.

  • WIP Room scene

    • PhilipK
    • May 9, 2005 at 6:57 PM

    ah nice. thanks a lot for that info

  • WIP Room scene

    • PhilipK
    • May 9, 2005 at 6:19 PM

    I tried to install vgui but didnt seem to work

    Yeah 2048 map for the whole table that is.

  • WIP Room scene

    • PhilipK
    • May 9, 2005 at 3:57 PM

    Ah yeah, had that in mind peri

    I know nothing about lighting or materials really. But Im def gonna try using some cool effects.

    Here is an overview of the whole room so far.. gives u an idea of how much is to be made still

    [Blocked Image: http://blaz.csbanana.com/new_scene7.jpg]

  • WIP Room scene

    • PhilipK
    • May 9, 2005 at 3:20 PM

    This is with a 2048x2048 texture on the table instead.

    [Blocked Image: http://blaz.csbanana.com/new_scene6.jpg]

    Btw. All textures you see are very wip atm.

    I'm also gonna smack in a lot more details like cords, a mouse, papers, lamps etc on the table.

  • WIP Room scene

    • PhilipK
    • May 9, 2005 at 3:05 PM

    Thought I'd make an own post for this instead of spamming that Wip-thread

    My goal is to make a room with quite a lot of details in 3ds max. Since I'm quite a n00b at the program I thought this would be a nice exercise to get a bit better.

    Anyway here is the most recent screen. (I might change the table uvw to 2048 instead since it looks a bit overscaled atm)

    [Blocked Image: http://blaz.csbanana.com/new_scene5.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • PhilipK
    • May 9, 2005 at 12:40 PM

    thx mazzle

    yeah it's gonna take a while to skin it.

    Added some more details. Still a lot to go.

    [Blocked Image: http://blaz.csbanana.com/new_scene4.jpg]

    Also started skinning a bit already on certain parts.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • PhilipK
    • May 8, 2005 at 1:28 AM

    it's supposed to be a "hurts". Dunno what that is called in english.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.ikea.com/PIAimages/09703_PE086032_S4.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • PhilipK
    • May 8, 2005 at 1:18 AM

    Made a new room instead. This time I'm concentrating it a lot more on details.

    Still extremely wip as u can see

    [Blocked Image: http://blaz.csbanana.com/new_scene2.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://blaz.csbanana.com/new_scene3.jpg]

  • Kingdom of Heaven

    • PhilipK
    • May 7, 2005 at 2:07 AM

    Saw it today. It ruined the whole day...

    I hated it.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • PhilipK
    • May 6, 2005 at 5:38 PM

    Seeing some really cool shit in here, keep it up.

    Working on a lousy max scene atm.. trying to learn some rendering n shit..

    As u can see I didn't learn much

    [Blocked Image: http://blaz.csbanana.com/scene_verywip.jpg]

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™