1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. PhilipK

Posts by PhilipK

  • de_troit for CS:Source

    • PhilipK
    • June 7, 2006 at 10:29 AM

    Ah I remember seeing this in an earlier stage.

    Looks like it came along very nicely.

    It's got a great suburban feeling and overall good detail.

    I like the first and 9th shot the most.

  • DM Ravenholm Center

    • PhilipK
    • June 2, 2006 at 10:25 AM

    Nice map.

    Looks quite moody.

    Although I don't like the Ravenholm setting very much but that doesn't have anything with your mapping to do.

  • It's official the egg came first.

    • PhilipK
    • May 29, 2006 at 2:19 PM

    bah. besserwisser peri :comeback:

  • TEXTURE CONTEST : WALL AND PAINT

    • PhilipK
    • May 28, 2006 at 11:02 PM

    thats cool koko. but you missed some bolts on the left beam?

  • TEXTURE CONTEST : WALL AND PAINT

    • PhilipK
    • May 28, 2006 at 10:57 PM

    Omg peri, you're right..

    I'm not happy at all with the window tho... but anyway I'm too lazy to do anything about it :cool:

    Ill make another one perhaps which is actually in the correct theme

  • TEXTURE CONTEST : WALL AND PAINT

    • PhilipK
    • May 28, 2006 at 10:32 PM

    Whoops. I think I misunderstood a bit..

    Made a cartoonish-ish castle wall

    [Blocked Image: http://philipk.net/other/tex.jpg]

  • Photoshop Video tutorial on decals by Generalvivi

    • PhilipK
    • May 28, 2006 at 8:26 PM

    Ah heh thx. I've been thinking about making an "avarage joe" howto make a texture with quite proper diffuse, normal and specular. I wouldn't go into 3d normal mapping then but making a fake one with IE the nVidia filter or better the ATI tool.

    However there are a lot of tricks you can use to get your "normal maps" a lot better with that filter too.

    Just need to get started on it

    Btw. This is the first tutorial in the sticky

  • MEMBER 2D TUTORIALS!

    • PhilipK
    • May 28, 2006 at 2:42 PM

    Here are mapcore members' tutorials. If you have made a texturing/2d tutorial just pm and post your tutorial in the 2d Art forum and I'll get a link to it into this sticky thread. I will also check regulary and get stuff in here if I find anything new

    Graffiti Decal tutorial by Generalvivi (http://%7boption%7d)

    [Blocked Image: http://philipk.net/mapcore/graffiti.jpg]

    Download video:

    http://files.filefront.com/photoshop_de ... einfo.html

    Skinning tutorial by Generalvivi (http://%7boption%7d)

    [Blocked Image: http://philipk.net/mapcore/skinning.jpg]

    Download video:

    http://files.filefront.com/3ds_max_skin ... einfo.html

    Drawing colourisation tutorial by KoKo5oVaR (http://%7boption%7d)

    [Blocked Image: http://philipk.net/mapcore/colourisation.jpg]

    Download video:

    http://kokosovar.free.fr/doodletutorial.zip

    Phototextures by Hessi (http://%7boption%7d)

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thomashess.net/photo_tutorial_thumb.jpg]

    Download .pdf:

    http://www.thomashess.net/exchange/tuto ... turing.pdf

    Creating your own skies for HL2 by Hessi (http://%7boption%7d)

    [Blocked Image: http://philipk.net/mapcore/sky.jpg]

    Download .pdf:

    http://www.thomashess.net/exchange/tuto ... _skies.pdf

    Vertexalpha in HL2 by Hessi (http://%7boption%7d)

    [Blocked Image: http://philipk.net/mapcore/vertexalpha.jpg]

    Download .pdf:

    http://thomashess.net/exchange/tutorial ... hafake.pdf

    Realistic tree shadows by Hessi (http://%7boption%7d)

    [Blocked Image: http://philipk.net/mapcore/tree_shadows.jpg]

    Download .pdf:

    http://www.thomashess.net/exchange/tuto ... hadows.pdf

    Blendtextures by Hessi (http://%7boption%7d)

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thomashess.net/tutorial_thumb.jpg]

    Download .pdf:

    http://www.thomashess.net/exchange/tuto ... xtures.pdf

    3DS Max Quick Normal Map by PhilipK (http://%7boption%7d)

    [Blocked Image: http://philipk.net/mapcore/nm.jpg]

    View turoial:

    http://www.mapcore.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6806

    Texture Creation From Reference by Method (http://%7boption%7d)

    [Blocked Image: http://philipk.net/mapcore/methodtexture.jpg]

    View turoial:

    http://www.methodonline.com/texture_tutorial.htm

  • Photoshop Video tutorial on decals by Generalvivi

    • PhilipK
    • May 28, 2006 at 2:32 PM

    Very cool Vivi.

    I thought about perhaps I should create a sticky in which I will post all tutorials that are made for texture creation or other 2D.

    Could start off by adding this one in it anyway

  • <the TI4600>

    • PhilipK
    • May 27, 2006 at 7:18 PM

    I think my ti4600 sucked ass... but i'm rarely impressed by new cards now anyway, especially not from nVidia I'm afraid :\

    Right now I'm on a 7800 which does its job but nothing more so to speak.

    I guess you're never happy when you've paid like over 500$ and discovers "so this is it... well worth the money... not :p"

  • New red hot chili peppers album!!! stadium arcadium

    • PhilipK
    • May 27, 2006 at 7:14 PM

    Haven't heard it. Was quite long since I was into RHCP but they've made some nice stuff

  • Bizarre

    • PhilipK
    • May 27, 2006 at 1:29 AM

    well, they aren't only working on pgr afaik

  • Building my Portfolio (Image heavy) I need a job!

    • PhilipK
    • May 26, 2006 at 10:05 AM

    Yeah that video really showed off a lot more ambience than the pics could ever do.

    I really dig the feeling you've got in this map.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • PhilipK
    • May 23, 2006 at 9:03 PM

    Wow, reminds me of Prey screens I've seen. Great job

  • Hitman Blood Money goes gold!

    • PhilipK
    • May 22, 2006 at 5:05 PM

    yeah poor mazzle Im dling the demo now.

    EDIT:

    What a slooooow server...

    oh well.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • PhilipK
    • May 21, 2006 at 9:21 PM

    that's HOT IR!

    Me likes

  • Hitman Blood Money goes gold!

    • PhilipK
    • May 20, 2006 at 1:35 PM

    Congrats again mazle

  • I've got a proper job!

    • PhilipK
    • May 20, 2006 at 1:21 PM

    Congrats Tayl0r!

  • totally random texture thread

    • PhilipK
    • May 15, 2006 at 5:40 PM

    Thx H2. And woh! that's a tall one

    That should look damn nice on a multi floor building.

    Great job h2!

  • totally random texture thread

    • PhilipK
    • May 15, 2006 at 4:35 PM

    Not bad Nys, looks nice. Kinda strange that the bricks at the top ends at the middle of the brick row perhaps.

    Just a small update from my QuakeIV texture set:

    [Blocked Image: http://philipk.net/other/doors2.jpg]

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™