1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. zaphod

Posts by zaphod

  • telescope

    • zaphod
    • November 22, 2003 at 9:42 AM

    no, much bigger. ~30 feet tall maybe?

  • CS xbox

    • zaphod
    • November 21, 2003 at 6:39 PM

    I heard that there was 15 thousand people simoultaneously on x-box live playing csx the day it came out. Mac brought it home last night so I'll prolly get to play it next week and see if it's as bad as everyone is making it out to be.

  • telescope

    • zaphod
    • November 21, 2003 at 9:08 AM

    thats pretty acceptable for scenery objects this large. Might end up lod'ing it.

  • telescope

    • zaphod
    • November 21, 2003 at 4:06 AM

    this is a big refractor telescope that's going into an observatory I'm making atm.

    [Blocked Image: http://marshmonkey.com/refractor.jpg]

    3,051 polies and 1024x1024 texture map

  • CS xbox

    • zaphod
    • November 20, 2003 at 6:47 PM

    I'm not being dumb, everyone bashes the game, and nobody has actually played it.

  • FLFD

    • zaphod
    • November 20, 2003 at 6:44 PM

    http://%7boption%7d

  • CS xbox

    • zaphod
    • November 19, 2003 at 10:35 PM

    [sarcasm]

    It's a good thing we can always count on an unbiased opinion from the mapcore crowd.

    [/sarcasm]

  • Texture request for TS_Abandoned

    • zaphod
    • November 19, 2003 at 10:32 PM
    Quote from Mazy

    raep?

    affirmative

  • FLFD

    • zaphod
    • November 19, 2003 at 10:30 PM
    Quote from DD

    standard hl2 textures have bilinear filter (I think thats the correct term), thats why you see the ugly distortion of textures after a certain distance. These specialty textures actually use trilinear filtering so they look sharper and cleaner from distances and odd angles.

    If I am not mistaken, bilinear or trilinear filtering is a function of the video card, not the game engine. And I would be very surprised hl2 didn't support the use of that function.

  • Farcry

    • zaphod
    • November 18, 2003 at 4:03 AM

    I don't hate valve. Without valve and half-life, I wouldn't have a career.

  • mike ziller lookalike

    • zaphod
    • November 11, 2003 at 6:42 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://marshmonkey.com/owned3.jpg]

  • Model Requests

    • zaphod
    • November 11, 2003 at 6:39 PM

    quarter pounder? plz~

    gimme a western bacon chi

  • Official Matrix Revolutions Thread (No spoilers)

    • zaphod
    • November 6, 2003 at 1:17 AM

    I thought it was a very entertaining movie, and worth the price of a movie ticket hands down. The plot was confusing ( lets face it, what matrix movie has a plot you can follow as you watch? maybe I'm just slow) but on the whole, there were too many scenes in this movie where I was just in awe of what was layed out on the screen before me. The cg is so excellently done, and I think the battle of the dock scene would have been worth a ticket price to see by itself. The fight scenes were for the most part very well done, more so than the last movie. Overall I would give the movie a b+, riding mostly on the wow factor of many of the scenes.

  • cell phones

    • zaphod
    • November 5, 2003 at 6:53 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1775000/images/_1778067_fonecash-bbc300.jpg]

    never failed in 16 years.

  • Some quickies :P

    • zaphod
    • November 5, 2003 at 6:51 PM

    mmmmmm . . . 28 days later .. .

    gewd movie.

    dosen't touch the omega man however.

  • TEXTURE CONTEST 1 : GREY ASPHAULT

    • zaphod
    • November 4, 2003 at 11:14 PM

    I'm down. My solo career has gone down the crapper since I left dod.

  • No forum for this either, this is close enough I suppose

    • zaphod
    • November 3, 2003 at 6:40 PM

    It's probably just to give the under 18 kids a rush before they get to the content

  • So, anyone made a HL2 map yet?

    • zaphod
    • November 2, 2003 at 7:23 PM

    sorry if your dissapointed. It seems like most people over-complicate what the source engine is capable of doing, which is understandable given the complicated wording valve likes to use to describe thier technology. I'm just trying to ground everyone here so they don't get decieved and then dissapointed.

  • Call of Duty

    • zaphod
    • November 2, 2003 at 6:45 AM

    I've been playing it, it's fun to pass the time with, nothing to write home about though. The multiplayer is fun for some kicks, lots of tracer / intense firefight action.

  • So, anyone made a HL2 map yet?

    • zaphod
    • November 2, 2003 at 2:04 AM

    I meant, if you could show me the picture, my bad. Not meaning to patronize you, if I'm who your talking to.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™