1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. DD

Posts by DD

  • CONGRATULATIONS TO DD, MOJO, and TOMWITHWEATHER

    • DD
    • September 16, 2004 at 4:40 AM

  • Portfolio Question

    • DD
    • September 15, 2004 at 2:21 PM

    Do not copy someones online portfolio. Very sinful. If I were you I would just make a website with different sections of your different skills. If you are unable to write html/etc. try finding a WYSIWYG program. (What you see is what you get) Like frontpage, dreamweaver, etc.

  • Remake HL textures

    • DD
    • September 15, 2004 at 2:15 PM
    Quote from Gman

    DD, If you're supposed to be making fun of me, thank you very much, mr. "ooh look at me, I work for GEARBOX! I hate noobs and instead of helping I just like making fun of them!!!!" Well, I'm sorry I'm not at your high level.... I really can't understand u pro's making fun of ppl, instead of helping, suggesting.... anything that could help the person improve. NO! You just tell me what a noob I am, and how I don't know anything... Well thanks a lot :-? :-? :-?

    Hmm... didn't mean for me to sound snuffy, but seriously, had I not been working at Gearbox I still would have made fun of you. And btw it was not directly only at you. It's towards everyone who is doing exactly what I exagerated. I probably would offer suggestions to those who put in real effort. I'm also not a texture artist and I consider myself noob at it too. Suggestions from me wouldn't mean too much. Also if you've been following this thread you have probably seen all the complaints about the stretch and sharpen and overlay. And I apologize if I have discouraged you, if anything that xena should encourage you to do better and what not to do.

  • Best/Worst movies you've seen lately

    • DD
    • September 14, 2004 at 2:32 PM

    RE:A . OMFG WOrst evr, its like watching farcry the movie, so bad.~~!

  • Remake HL textures

    • DD
    • September 14, 2004 at 5:29 AM

    UNACCEPTABLE

  • for all you photography guru's

    • DD
    • September 12, 2004 at 3:58 AM
    Quote from TomWithTheWeather

    The biggest tip is just knowing your camera and how it works. I have a Canon Digital Rebel so my tips might not work well with your camera.

    Make sure you let everyone know that so we can all hate you.

  • AMATUEURE!!!!! huge picture dump godly internet speed only

    • DD
    • September 12, 2004 at 1:09 AM

    OMFG NUB... that is all

  • Stage 2 STALKER MP beta coming...sign up here space limited

    • DD
    • September 10, 2004 at 6:13 AM

    First Name: Dorian

    Last Name: Gorski

    Company: Gearbox Software

    Email address: [email protected]

    Street address:

    101 E. Park Blvd., Ste. 1069

    Plano, Texas 75074

  • Remake HL textures

    • DD
    • September 7, 2004 at 1:10 AM

    Looks good posteh, you should transform horiztonally across the seam on the details. Looks odd for details to continue through a seam no?

    I took another stab at my silo texture. Made the rust age dropage more obvious and touched on the beams a bit. I still think the beams look a bit odd but meh.

    [Blocked Image: http://mapcore.org/halflife_jpg/-0silo2_wall2.jpg]

    Before:

    [Blocked Image: http://mapcore.net/images/-0silo2_wall2.jpg]

    After:

    [Blocked Image: http://thedd.net/images/-0silo2_wall2.jpg]

  • Some pics.

    • DD
    • September 6, 2004 at 7:15 PM
    Quote from hydeph

    too many poeple just take pictures of shit trying to find "beauty" in it. wow, some wheat, a sunset big dealbe original, take a picture of something nobody else has.

    Sorry but your opinion is wrong and you suck ass. It's not always about beauty, its the challenge to capture it. And btw, taking pictures of stuff just because nobody else has is waaaay too overdone, and so then you're being just like everybody else. So you suck ass again.

  • Random pics~

    • DD
    • September 6, 2004 at 7:12 PM

    Looks so... JAPAN. neat.

  • Remake HL textures

    • DD
    • September 6, 2004 at 7:10 PM

    It's too grainy and the lighting is strange. I like the metal trim though... :\

  • Remake HL textures

    • DD
    • September 6, 2004 at 6:42 AM
    Quote from Zaphod

    goddamn, did you paint all that hosing and stuff by hand? very nice.

    He cheated in a skilled way. MAX. :X

  • Remake HL textures

    • DD
    • September 6, 2004 at 12:43 AM

    Derp.

    [Blocked Image: http://mapcore.org/halflife_jpg/-0silo2_wall2.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://mapcore.net/images/-0silo2_wall2.jpg]

    I'm not happy with the support beams... but I'm too lazy to fix it.

  • Remake HL textures

    • DD
    • September 5, 2004 at 10:45 PM

    PLEASE STOP WITH THE ENLARGE + SHARPEN FILTER. IT LOOKS HORRIBLE. If it doesn't look better it ruins the whole POINT. Jeez. And actually ENLARGE. Changing the color isn't ok... Sorry to flame but argh.

  • Some pics.

    • DD
    • September 5, 2004 at 10:41 PM

    Can I sex you now?

  • mapcore featured artists

    • DD
    • September 3, 2004 at 2:51 PM

    I think it should look like kind of like this under the avatar:

    [Blocked Image: http://thedd.net/images/feature1.jpg] or

    [Blocked Image: http://thedd.net/images/feature2.jpg]

    I didn't put any masks on those yet but I will later if you guys like.

  • I'm going to Crytek

    • DD
    • August 31, 2004 at 7:56 PM
    Quote from RD

    why is evryone getting hired except me? Does it have to do with satanchrist?And why do i log out evry 5mins:(

    I wouldn't include satanchrist in my portfolio for any job unless it was ID software. I don't think its bad but many brainwashed people do, like counter-strike.net forum people for example.

  • Nightwatch Media Release #2

    • DD
    • August 31, 2004 at 2:12 PM

    This mod needs to be leaked so I can warez it~!~! PWNS ~!

  • Posting and you

    • DD
    • August 31, 2004 at 2:09 PM

    Lets force duffy to a 24 hour screening with his eyelids forced open. Little billy dufftard.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™