1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. DD

Posts by DD

  • Half-Life 2

    • DD
    • November 17, 2004 at 7:02 AM

    OOOO EMM GEEE!11!!

    Dog was fucking awesome. I played fetch with AI! I hate valve for there animations working soo flawlessly. !! So jealous. Oh and the girls fighting over Freeman, GOOD STUFF.

    I'm at Raven port myself, cool stuff. Boat ride awesome, I kicked heli ass.

    I give Fletch at 10/10 for being WRONG. YOUR OPINION IS WRONG!

  • hl2 comes out offically tomorrow?

    • DD
    • November 16, 2004 at 3:33 AM

    [iNSERT]MASTURBATION JOKE[/iNSERT]

  • IN THIS THREAD I WILL ANSWER YOUR SOURCE QUESTIONS

    • DD
    • November 9, 2004 at 2:38 PM

    How did you export that tank to SMD? Is there a secret max -> hl2 smd exporter going around? GIVE ME if so, plz.

  • IN THIS THREAD I WILL ANSWER YOUR SOURCE QUESTIONS

    • DD
    • November 7, 2004 at 6:14 PM

    Does anyone know where some good tutorials are on the basics of displacement maps?

    I figured out how to create them, and sort of paint the heights. But it sucks! I can't find out how to paint multiple layers of terrain on a DM. I can't figure out how to view the terrain in wireframe, editing terrain in textured view sucks!

    Sometimes I manage to alter the angle of the height paint tool. So it pushes at an odd angle.

    Zaphy?

    Also, how to make glass? I tried func_breakable but my brush keeps reseting to brush. !

  • Team America - World Police

    • DD
    • October 29, 2004 at 3:12 PM

    Who saw it? I thought it was great. The best part about the movie are the songs, try downloading the album from suprnova or something. I give it 4 out of 5 D's.

    http://%7boption%7d

  • a doom3 compile

    • DD
    • October 27, 2004 at 4:05 AM

    After trying doom3 mapping it hurts so bad to go back to non-dynamic light editing in other games. And compiling. D3 you still compile but its like .120381203 seconds long.

    I have an X800 and doom3 ed runs fine.

  • Some textures - pictures inside :)

    • DD
    • October 23, 2004 at 5:24 AM

    Your textures look really good. My only complaint is that I wish they were higher resolution.

  • Wuschmaster 3001

    • DD
    • October 23, 2004 at 5:21 AM

    I played lots of MK:DD and MK64 and DKR.

    MK64 > DKR. Why? DKR looked at MK64 receipe, analyzed it, and tried there best to copy it with a little bit or rareness. The controls were less responsive and over time there was no reward in that department. When most people first begin playing MK64 the controls feel awkward, but as soon as you get the hang of powersliding it rules! DKR didn't have that skill your could earn.

    MK:DD <=> MK64. MK64 had awesome battle levels. MK:DD wins in the single player racing. The graphics for MK64 at the time weren't GREAT, but it was good. The graphics for MK:DD are GREAT.

  • Wuschmaster 3001

    • DD
    • October 21, 2004 at 6:28 AM

    Looks cool! 3000 polys is nothing for a big vehicle in a newer engine, or was that just the name? Anyways looks great!

  • new bludliens screens and gamespy story.

    • DD
    • October 21, 2004 at 6:24 AM

    Um... the fog looks good. What's wrong with HL1 fog, and how is it like HL1 fog? I can't tell and I don't care. No reason to point it out.

    Those screens look great, including the fog which looks like it was used only for atmospheric haze. The character models look sooo much better than older screens, yay for per-pixel lighting.

  • Awwww SNAP! It's d3dm_lit BOYEE!

    • DD
    • October 19, 2004 at 6:24 AM

    Depends on the number of subdivisions you set. Either way, it's still a patch.

  • Counter-Strike Source Screenshots

    • DD
    • October 18, 2004 at 3:00 PM

    Glass in CS SOURCE rules. It's like func_breakable SQUARED!

  • Awwww SNAP! It's d3dm_lit BOYEE!

    • DD
    • October 18, 2004 at 6:27 AM

    D:

  • Your impression on CS:SOURCE

    • DD
    • October 8, 2004 at 2:05 PM

    VARY GOO! Only thing I was upset about, level design wise, seems like a lot of the maps could use more polish. Missing trim, fake stairs in cs_havana, poor or temp world detail models, etc. etc.

    The physics and the beefy computers are the winnar! :!:

  • Bike Photos Round One

    • DD
    • October 6, 2004 at 6:36 AM
    Quote

    Do you not notice how all your Gearbox friends constantly come rushing to your posts to try and make you not portray yourself as a total retard? Stop digging, you pretentious fuck.

    There's nothing retarded about using words correctly and correcting you for misuse, that's totally justified. There is also nothing retarded about pissing others off purposely (like making this about me being an American, hah!). However, it is retarded that you believed I was serious. I've been selfish though. My co-workers have been trying to blur them because I, in part, represent them. That was wrong of me.

    Because I've been representing others I figure I should explain myself. My remarks have nothing to do with ego. I've purposely been an asshole. Why? For a good laugh, and later, to prove there's nothing you, Taylor, can do. I was wrong. You can attack my integrity all you want, I don't care, but when you attacked my "Gearbox friends" because of my remarks I realized I was wrong.

    Mapcore has been the only place where I can express foul views, for fun! It was ok in the past because of the anonymity. It is wrong to make selfish remarks when you represent others, for that I apologize. I've been an asshole on my own behalf and I want to make sure that that's clear. :wink:

  • Bike Photos Round One

    • DD
    • October 4, 2004 at 3:22 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.eirefirst.com/clipart/gifs/Leprechaun%20Mooning.gif]

    This has nothing to do with my job. Pretentious, no, my statements were certainly justified. You don't want me teaching you again do you? I can tell how much that angers you.

  • a doom3 compile

    • DD
    • October 4, 2004 at 3:56 AM

    From my brief stunt of Doom 3 level design I never found a limit to the number of lights you can have in a room. What I learned, and KungFu might confirm this, is there is only a limit to the number of intersecting light volumes.

    The reason? Doom 3 is totally fucking dynamic and it's awesome because of so. You can also use large volumes of light with very bright settings, the problem is that you get these white spots in the center that are totally blinding. I believe there may be some texture you can swap out in the lighting to fix this... I was unable to find this texture.

    BTW KungFU, we play Quake 3 daily at the office. I hope Quake 4 multiplayer is Quake 3 with visual upgrades. Like CS:S to CS. Please lead me to believe Raven understands the reason people love Quake 3.

  • Bike Photos Round One

    • DD
    • October 4, 2004 at 3:28 AM

    Yeah, I'm just another American with too much patriotism. I do feel like being an asshole to some twity douche bags when they feel it funny to imply Americans are stupid.

    BTW wit implies speed. Unless you have the ability to read my mind over the internet and know how fast it took me to respond you're an idiot. Look at the definition. And it's Case and Point sometimes Case in Point, not Case of Point. Get it right, you don't want other to know an American is teaching you definitions and how to correctly say common sayings.

    And Tom always disagrees with me for the sake of. His opinion doesn't matter. Mikeys does.

    I should take this to PM's, but rather then do that I'd rather display my patriotism. Envy me. I'm also assuming Taylor isn't one, I don't care either way, he may not have caught onto my point.

  • Bike Photos Round One

    • DD
    • October 2, 2004 at 3:09 PM

    Click here Taylor

  • Bike Photos Round One

    • DD
    • October 2, 2004 at 7:29 AM
    Quote from Skjalg

    yeah it's in the US, you know... I mean, the country.. that you live in.

    Click here klein

    DD, If I were you, I'd click that link, take a hard look at what you see next.. read it three times, think back at what you wrote, and then see if that really was sarcasm...

    Sorry you fail Skjalg, try again. I'm only giving you, and klien, a hard time for applying crappy Euro humor about Americans to me. That's ok, because we have lots of money and we enjoy the attention.

    BTW those are awesome photos, as others said, gimmie more!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™