1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. DD

Posts by DD

  • Holland Belgum Luxembourg (many pics)

    • DD
    • May 17, 2005 at 11:06 PM

    I will have your babies now. Awesome stuff! I love the castle with a mot (spelling?).

  • nintendo revolution

    • DD
    • May 15, 2005 at 6:30 AM

    It's fake.

    Nintendo already officially annouced that the revolution is about the size of 3 dvd cases put together.

    http://%7boption%7d

  • Epic's new game - GEARS OF WAR (UE3)

    • DD
    • May 14, 2005 at 4:37 AM

    Well space marines, wwII, I don't care All I care about is if they're smart enough to innovate gameplay and fun on top of all that hot looking stuff. I'm also highly sceptical about the characters looking that good and running on a real PC 1-2 years from now or XBOX 360.

  • Unnamed Office Themed Map

    • DD
    • April 15, 2005 at 4:46 AM

    If you're going to use the same texture set and architecture style as office you should at least do something interesting or unique gameplay wise.

  • Stage 2 STALKER MP beta coming...sign up here space limited

    • DD
    • April 15, 2005 at 4:36 AM
    Quote from kleinluka

    If the developer needs more time, I'm glad THQ is willing to give them time. Go STALKER!

    More like a better timeslot to get more sales OR to help sells with other titles that were being published by THQ at the time. I woudln't be surprised if they cut funding for the stalker project some time ago, and they're working on a different project.

  • Psychonauts Demo....

    • DD
    • April 14, 2005 at 6:35 AM

    Played the demo, it's awesome. Love how well polished it is, art and gameplay.

    Don't consider its youthful style as a negative, its just ignorant. People who use that as a negative are the same morons who fail to realize Mario 64 was fk'n awesome.

  • work on duke nukem forever!

    • DD
    • April 14, 2005 at 6:30 AM
    Quote from mike-0

    I cant believe they say unreal and d3 experience is a plus but not source

    Source is awesome. They just know that everyone in Texas level design is in Unreal or doom 3.

  • Back in the saddle

    • DD
    • April 3, 2005 at 6:37 PM

    Oooo Zaphod. I heard Midway has UE3 !

  • asian disaster: waterquake 2, it cant be coincidence

    • DD
    • April 3, 2005 at 9:22 AM
    Quote from Pericolos0

    ofcourse postman, you realise rd is joking. And so are the 5 people that voted for the 'obvious' connection i hope ;o

    No, RD was not joking. He seriously believes math proves religion. However he doesn't realize his math is wrong and illogical.

  • OMG polarizing filter.

    • DD
    • April 3, 2005 at 9:17 AM

    These shots look amazing. Love the contrast between the sky, plants, and leaves.

  • EA looses 200 million dollars

    • DD
    • March 24, 2005 at 4:26 AM

    After quickly reading that article doesn't seem that EA lost 200 million, they PROFITED less than expect but still maintaining a profit.

  • totally random texture thread

    • DD
    • March 23, 2005 at 10:21 PM
    Quote from kleinluka

    There are a few places in the texture that make it very repetitive when tiled. Here they are, encircled in red in the first row.[Blocked Image: http://img42.exs.cx/img42/5541/peri13tf.jpg]

    For the most part I prefer detail over bad tiling. That white spec needs to go but the rest is fine. That stuff is easy to cover with lighting, 3d architecture, and simply not creating big flat boring buildings.

  • Word of MOUF

    • DD
    • March 22, 2005 at 10:27 PM

    I'll post official links when/if I find them. Right now it's just early information, I don't know which studio but I'm going to assume somewhere in America or Canada since Gearbox employees were asked for contacts.

  • Brothers in Arms

    • DD
    • March 22, 2005 at 10:22 PM

    Lots of little things. The players health start point is reduced, Germans react faster, aim better, supression time, etc. Although it's all little things it dramatically effects gameplay IMO, forcing the player to play tactically instead of rambo.

    Easy - Meh too easy

    Normal - Eh... if you honestly suck play normal

    Difficult - If you're good and want to play tactically

    Authentic - damn ridiculous twitch + TACTICS (you really depend on your squad). Authentic is really tough, even for developers who created the levels and KNOW what is going to happen.

  • JK Software needs Lead Mapper for Project C:AV

    • DD
    • March 22, 2005 at 4:43 PM

    near future near future near future near future near future near future near future near future near future near future near future near future near future near future near future near future near future near future near future near future near future near future near future near future near future near future near future near future near future near future .

  • Word of MOUF

    • DD
    • March 22, 2005 at 4:42 PM

    Ubisoft is looking to create a game from an existing IP (intelectual property) (not sure if I can say) using the SOURCE engine. This means they're looking to hire HL2 modders/pros.

    Post if you're interested and I and hopefully others can send word but here are some guildlines I suggest:

    -Coders: Coded and proven capability with HL1 and/or HL2 engine or the like. Hopefully some technical background. A least understand C, C++.

    -Level Designers with multiple complete levels in HL1/HL2/Quake Engine. Experience with Hammer Editor. A portfolio in some form (I think best in web form for ease, links to actual map files never hurts), which may not be limited to level design.

    -Artists pretty much the same guidelines as level designers except the engine you created game models/textures/art for doesn't matter. Proven capability in newer technology and understanding helps. PORTFOLIO!

    -Sound, Animators, same idea. Sorry if I left any titles of the list, if you think you're qualified prove it and make it easy to see.

    ... GoOgoGogogo!

  • Austin Ahoy (and some other stuff)

    • DD
    • March 22, 2005 at 5:13 AM

    Follow up to mikey, mine are a lot more photoshopped but I kinda have to since my camera is waaaay sucky.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thedd.net/photos/Extravaganza/boom.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thedd.net/photos/Extravaganza/Brush.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thedd.net/photos/Extravaganza/conpow.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thedd.net/photos/Extravaganza/dyno.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thedd.net/photos/Extravaganza/eek.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thedd.net/photos/Extravaganza/grad.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thedd.net/photos/Extravaganza/j2.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thedd.net/photos/Extravaganza/j.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thedd.net/photos/Extravaganza/LePat.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thedd.net/photos/Extravaganza/me.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thedd.net/photos/Extravaganza/Mik2.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thedd.net/photos/Extravaganza/Mik.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thedd.net/photos/Extravaganza/mikezilla.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thedd.net/photos/Extravaganza/nat.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thedd.net/photos/Extravaganza/P1010001.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thedd.net/photos/Extravaganza/P1010005.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thedd.net/photos/Extravaganza/P1010018.JPG]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thedd.net/photos/Extravaganza/P1010021.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thedd.net/photos/Extravaganza/purp.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thedd.net/photos/Extravaganza/Quak.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thedd.net/photos/Extravaganza/rg.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thedd.net/photos/Extravaganza/shoes.jpg]

  • Brothers in Arms

    • DD
    • March 22, 2005 at 4:36 AM
    Quote from Tequila

    Or just complete it on Easy to unlock the 'Old Film' cheat, casting everything in lovely sepia tones.

    For the best experience I suggest playing on Difficult or at least Normal, specially on PC.

  • Brothers in Arms

    • DD
    • March 22, 2005 at 4:34 AM
    Quote from skdr

    Yeah I love it when I set a satchel charge and my teammates are sitting next to it when it explodes even if I command them to run away. Great.

    Ohnoss! That was supposed to be fixed, AI recognizes satchel charges and grenades as threats and fears them. Sometimes they get blocked up or crouch to early.

  • so, a new CS:S map from valve

    • DD
    • January 29, 2005 at 9:34 PM

    de_tides is visually awesome. If you think otherwise your opinion is wrong.

    The newer map going to be release looks pretty bad but will probably play well.

    BTW it 100% OKAY to base architecture off a google image search references. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. If you think otherwise you're a dick faced cock monster.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™