1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. DD

Posts by DD

  • schoolage

    • DD
    • August 16, 2005 at 7:33 AM

    I am not harsh, I'm truthful. Would I be upset if certain people saw this? Yes but only because it would mean more work for me to motivate people to do what I want.

    And yes I honestly don't care.

  • Everyone Once in a While

    • DD
    • August 15, 2005 at 1:32 AM

    As usual, photoshopery here and there.

    [Blocked Image: http://thedd.net/photos/2005/anothersky.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://thedd.net/photos/2005/boa.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://thedd.net/photos/2005/caw.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://thedd.net/photos/2005/droplets.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://thedd.net/photos/2005/gearbox.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://thedd.net/photos/2005/geetar.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://thedd.net/photos/2005/gogoexit.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://thedd.net/photos/2005/gohiway.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://thedd.net/photos/2005/infin.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://thedd.net/photos/2005/rain.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://thedd.net/photos/2005/xbox.jpg]

  • schoolage

    • DD
    • August 14, 2005 at 11:09 PM
    Quote from OL

    except for levelord who teaches at the guildhall (which is awesome and i wish i was going there)

    What has levellord done again? Pretty much everyone I've worked with from the guildhall has been pathetic. We had a bunch of testers from there for a short while who were just horrible. We had a few guys involved in our SDK that could not level design to save their lives. We have a couple programmers who so far have been completely disapointing.

  • schoolage

    • DD
    • August 14, 2005 at 11:01 AM

    The tuition of most those schools are higher than a years salary for any entry level game industry job. Consider that.

    If you're going for animation or character design go, anything else I recommend not. In my experience everyone that comes out of game design schools for anything related to art, code, or level design have all sucked.

    They're the kids who weren't motivated enough to do things on their own, pushed by their parents in a desperate attempt to make their suckbag children decent human beings. Much like the kids who are forced to be lawyers or doctors who end up sucking at life and getting people killed. Probably how Jack Thompson came to be known. Or not... really depends on the person. Don't be afraid to change your mind if you end up not liking the school.

    Code, go to a regular college and mod on the side.

    Level Design, ditto.

    Art is questionable, depends on what kind of art you want to do.

    And anyone that possibly could be considered a game designer worthy of learning from isn't going to be teaching at any school.

  • Quake IV MP videos

    • DD
    • August 14, 2005 at 10:49 AM

    kfs, you work on the sp or mp? both?

  • Jack Thompson is a douche bag

    • DD
    • August 9, 2005 at 6:42 AM

    He should be sent to Afghanistan.

  • Arbogast

    • DD
    • August 3, 2005 at 6:03 AM

    Mazzol you continue to inspire~~! <3

  • ART CONTEST : CREATE YOUR OWN IPOD AD

    • DD
    • August 1, 2005 at 2:56 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://thedd.net/images/ipod.jpg]

  • Short Story I wrote "Dead Birds Fall Slowly"

    • DD
    • July 29, 2005 at 8:07 AM
    Quote

    Moving clocks appear to tick more slowly relative to their stationary counterparts but this effect only becomes really significant at very high velocities that app roach the speed of light.

    So in 10 years on Earth someone accelerating close to the speed of light can experience 1.

    In 11 mins someone can experience what appears to be a minute, but not more than 11 minutes. Unless of course the world around the person increased in velocity.

    Anyways, if relativity did apply to the thought process, if someones mind became more active, time would go by faster.

    If someone was a retard, time would seem to take forever but would actually be no more than 11 minutes. Anyways, I liked the story regardless

  • Nuff Said

    • DD
    • July 27, 2005 at 5:47 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://old.mbherald.com/40-15/coffee.gif][Blocked Image: http://old.mbherald.com/40-15/coffee.gif][Blocked Image: http://old.mbherald.com/40-15/coffee.gif][Blocked Image: http://old.mbherald.com/40-15/coffee.gif][Blocked Image: http://old.mbherald.com/40-15/coffee.gif]

  • game art - cartoony hill

    • DD
    • July 25, 2005 at 12:49 AM

    I'd have the base of the cylinder with a smaller radius then the top. So it has that cartoony misproportion. Same with the shade, have the support beams angle out and slightly off balance.

  • The dangers of unions and the halt of the game industry

    • DD
    • June 21, 2005 at 7:40 AM
    Quote from mikezilla

    As for the industry itself unionising. This is probably 5-10 years off. It's sorta goes without saying though. It just takes a while to set up.

    The fact that you think it is just 5-10 years off is a problem. It should never even be a question of happening or not happening, it just shouldn't.

    Quote from mikezilla

    It won't affect you Dorian. Small independent developers can stay just that if their workers don't join the union. The same way independent film is non union for the most part (although that's starting to change.) Unions will be back at all the publishers for a long time before they are at the developers.

    You're correct in that a union of publisher workers would not affect me. However a union of developers more than likely would. Let me explain how unions work in the US government and business. Most unions start of largely unaffecting a market, the only people who gain and lose benefits due to a union are the members. In most cases unions lobby in politics to get what they want, not by volunteered members, but by law, by force, by gun. By pressuring politicians with large parties they manage to get laws written which force people to obey their terms. An example of this today is the radio industry. Airport worker and airline unions, an example market where unions are forced and constantly airliners are struggling to stay in business borrowing money from the government.

  • The dangers of unions and the halt of the game industry

    • DD
    • June 19, 2005 at 6:17 AM

    A school bus driver that earns 19.50 an hour... hahah! You say unions aren't bad? Talk about a waste of tax dollars.

  • Conservative Religious Right crosses the line in Florida.

    • DD
    • June 17, 2005 at 7:13 AM

    Many ridiculous laws like this pass through the US goverment relying on the last hope to shut it down, Supreme Court. Unfortunately the republicans are about to control all branches of the goverment which could be catastrophic.

    http://%7boption%7d

    I'm not saying democrats or any other political party is any better, just saying a communist like Government in America would be official.

  • The dangers of unions and the halt of the game industry

    • DD
    • June 17, 2005 at 6:58 AM

    Let me start on why I think unions are dangerous. The United States was founded on the belief of freedom, including a free market. Because if you think anything else you're a commie or a terrorist. Anyways.. what unions usually do is force private companies, by law through government involvment, pay workers a standardized value. Since the process which is involved in setting this standard is extremely slow and hard to set specially on a national level this almost always means workers are forced to be overpaid or allow companies to have their employees underpaid.

    It forces companies to consider moving to other countries with lighter laws, sadly, like China. HAHA!

    Recently the VAG group, Voice Actors Guild, kind of like FAG, has started a lobby demending less hours, more pay, more breaks, royalties, for very little work within the game industry. Actually I think last I heard it was successful. This means guys like me who took years to learn skills, who will work 2-5 years on average per project is likely to get equal or less royalties from a game versus a employee of VAG. A VAG member who would probably work between 6-24 hours total hours spaced apart on 6 hour days (6 hour days forced by the guild), on the same project, for talking into a mic.

    I'm mean... are you serious?

    Anyways, the worst part about this subject is that is has started discussions about a union for developers. The only outcome I see of a union of developers is a halt of progression in a booming industry. First, if successful, it would force smaller companies to pay higher wages. It could also result in the opposite, allowing companies like EA use the excuse of the standard for underpaid employees. Large publishers/developers would start considering moving to other countries if the wages were forced much too high, as many have already started. It would mean controlled work hours, so small companies who may volunteer to work extra hours in order to finish a game on a certain time to make more money is not allowed to do so. It would mean that new comers who would like to one day start their own small private studios would be near impossible because the ridiculously high forced goverment costs. Much like how radio stations are now impossible to start in the United States, thanks Clearwater or whatever they're called.

    Anyways, remember kids, Unions are bad. If this developers union ever happens remember my words.

  • GBX Softball

    • DD
    • June 16, 2005 at 4:33 AM
    Quote from TomWithTheWeather

    It's worse than you'd think... :wink:

    Yeah we're pretty bad. TWTW was afraid to play so he can't really talk.

  • My arch thing model something..

    • DD
    • May 30, 2005 at 10:10 PM

    Very goo! My only suggestion, looks like all the detail you put at the top will always be pretty far from the player. You may actually find it better in the future to really not care too much about details from that distance and focus more around the base if you have extra polies to push. You put more time and effort into the top it seems which most players just will not see.

  • Frustration with Counter-Strike Source Servers

    • DD
    • May 30, 2005 at 10:01 PM

    Right click, view server info. But I still get caught once in a while not checking for bots. I'm not sure if there is a way to check for FF through steam though if it's not in the title.

  • Frustration with Counter-Strike Source Servers

    • DD
    • May 30, 2005 at 9:51 AM

    Actually I do, that's what sucks, having to load for a long time then realize that I found another suckfest. Loading isn't fast. I have a P4 3.2ghz with two 512 mb dual channel fast ass ram, thats a 1gig of ram for you non-mathematicians.

  • Frustration with Counter-Strike Source Servers

    • DD
    • May 30, 2005 at 9:41 AM

    Before I go off on my rant I'd like to explain two beliefs of mine. I believe no man should exist for another and that every man should live and perform to the best of their ability. With that said people should run their not cheap to run CSS servers however they want, but remember I still believe they should not suck at life.

    My royal complaint list of fortitude:

    1. Stop using lame admin mod sounds. This includes: Movie and tv show sound clips such at Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy, Beavis and Butthead, which are all great shows if not played out to hell by f-tards. This also includes UT2K3 announcer sounds. If I wanted to hear a UT2K3 sounds I would play that game, which I don't like to play, I like to PLAY FUCKING CS!!!! STFU STFU STFU STFU!!!! I also partially blame not being able to turn off downloading, does cl_allowdownload 0 not working anymore?!?!

    2. Please put a warning in the server title if you use bots!!! I don't mind playing with bots when they're less than 50% of the server. If I get a warning I can check the server info and investigate how many bots are on the server, if I don't get a warning I often end up waiting for a massive CSS load time which is even long on my effing fast computer before having to cancel and find a new server.

    3. Put a FF warning in the server title!!!! Seriously, when did people start thinking FF enhanced CS gameplay. Did Christopher Reeves die and come back to life, say that CS servers should use FF then die again? Another thing, FF may make CS "more realistic" but CS is not very realistic!!! One of the reasons I like CS so much is because there are so many things about the game where Valve and its creators sacrificed realisim for FUN. It's not realistic for someone to be strafing around in front of you when you're firing a gun down a narrow hall, where this idiot usually strafes in front of your fire and dies then uses a admin mod to slay you not realizing they are a fucking idiot. These kinds of server admins praise realism but then don't mind the completely retarded admin mod slay explosion effect. Look at me I randomly combusted into the fourth of fucking July, only ugly!

    That's all I got for now.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™