1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. DD

Posts by DD

  • Agent Model

    • DD
    • November 14, 2003 at 4:09 AM

    http://%7boption%7d

  • Agent Model

    • DD
    • November 13, 2003 at 10:10 PM

    The_One is a Newb with a capital N.

    Looks good as usual, but as usual, you need to focus on proportions and HANDS. There is math to a normal human figure, fibonanci numbers, try looking that up on google.

  • Model Requests

    • DD
    • November 11, 2003 at 1:30 AM

    Ok, since you pwn, I trust you can do this:

    1200-1300 poly budget

    hl texture limit, two 512 px max.

    Please skinmesh.

    The model must oppose this team in similar enviroments:

    http://%7boption%7d

    Be creative, terrorist/arab/mysterious hi-tech/etc. It has to fit. I'm leaving it up to you for freedom.

    Good luck, hope you do it

  • mike ziller lookalike

    • DD
    • November 10, 2003 at 7:35 AM

    -5pts Alcrifice

  • Official Matrix Revolutions Thread (No spoilers)

    • DD
    • November 9, 2003 at 7:06 AM

    I thought it was very goo! Few parts were cheesy, but overall, the cool fights, cool fight scenes, and computer related lingo made me orgasm wif joy!

    I'm a computer science major so after hear about segmentation fault and data overflow errors in reloaded, I was excited to hear what they had to say in this one, made mah testies tingle! YAY!

    DD gives it a B The story jumps around too much so not A.

  • Texture Gathering

    • DD
    • November 8, 2003 at 6:40 AM

    I figured I'd make a topic for people just to post huge lists to the best texture sets, here are some simple guide lines which will make this topic work:

    1. Don't repost, edit your posts if you find new wads


    2. Don't post bullshit, I ask admins to delete all irrelevant posts


    3. Make sure everything is top quality and legal (if not state it)


    4. Don't limit texture set posts to HL!


    5. Help us out zilla! Post links!


    6. Maybe an admin can make this a sticky topic?


    7. Thats all I can think of for now

    I'll start, these are all I really know:

    nVidia's dds textures

    Poke646

    Zilla's Latest Public Wad

    Blazeers!

  • !REQUEST Helicopter Roof Top Landing Pad

    • DD
    • November 7, 2003 at 7:16 PM
    Quote from KidDynamite

    *yawns and thinks about doing something*edit: nevermind i won't attempt anything as DD has persueded me not to.

    Good, u sux kd And I never said not to.

    *DD stares blankely at mikeyzilla

  • Half Life 2...more tunnels?

    • DD
    • November 6, 2003 at 3:51 AM

    This is kinda like WHEN RETARDS DEBATE. Wow I'm an asshole

  • DD ze mapper/newb modelar!!1!1!3$7Y@I

    • DD
    • November 4, 2003 at 9:06 AM

    best hl1 light pole model evr!

    http://%7boption%7d

    kinda big so I link rather than image. Little effect idea I stoel from freedom fighters and from some pics of zaphods vampire maps. The traditional fade effect, additive glass, and hl chrome effect under the glass.

    This shot is from hl model view and it looks almost exactly the same in game. Chrome effect under additive makes the pole appear actually lite. You still need to add an invisible texture light or point light, spot light, whatever, to light the surroundings. I'd give this model out, but it r belong to global warfare, sorrehs. You can make your own though!

  • Music Debate? NO!

    • DD
    • November 1, 2003 at 10:03 AM
    Quote

    So I've gotten in like infinity billion music arguments this week. For one apparently liking Good Charlotte makes me a "poser." I'm not exactly sure how to take that but the most sound argument anyone has thrown at me is "look how they dress... all in black like that... total posers." Yes, you're critiquing their musical prowess by bagging on their fashion choices, you sir are the poster child for poser I'm afraid. I'm pretty sure most bands dress however the hell because they don't care...

    Zilla, you totally took my point, and distorted it and read my point wrong. I would did up the log but meh, too lazy!

    I was saying people who dress up in black with trendy shirts and goth wrist bands with black eyeshadow (guys) who are doing it to be different, really aren't. I was trying to make a point that if they want to be different, they should do it differently. Therefore they're posers and not so called rebels. Because millions of others are different the same way.

    I used Good Char. as an excellent example, this has nothing to do with their music, and I never said people who listen to it are posers.

    I do dislike their music however, the lyrics, the beats/guitar have a nice tune, but that doesn't matter, and if it did, it shouldn't!

    Sorry if I offended you, but really, I meant in no way to do so, and what you thought I meant, was really not what I meant! MUCH LOEF !!11!

  • DD ze mapper/newb modelar!!1!1!3$7Y@I

    • DD
    • October 31, 2003 at 11:58 PM

    redid!!!!!11

    [Blocked Image: http://thedd.net/photos/models/lakecab.jpg]

  • DD ze mapper/newb modelar!!1!1!3$7Y@I

    • DD
    • October 31, 2003 at 7:37 PM

    I was thinking the same... I'll screw wif them.

  • DD ze mapper/newb modelar!!1!1!3$7Y@I

    • DD
    • October 31, 2003 at 7:08 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://thedd.net/photos/models/lakecab.jpg]

    ze skin of dewm

    [Blocked Image: http://thedd.net/images/cab.jpg]

    YAY!

  • So, anyone made a HL2 map yet?

    • DD
    • October 31, 2003 at 12:27 AM

    Actually, no. Well not in 3.5 and below, I don't know about hl2 hammer. But in hammer 3.5 and below can only export to dxf. Which if a fucking retarded format which will create tons of extra useless polies. It's best to model from start to finish in max/maya/xsi.

  • So, anyone made a HL2 map yet?

    • DD
    • October 30, 2003 at 10:00 PM

    When you started at trojika, you knew the basic of 3dmax? Nothing? A lot? I'm just wondering how much an average developer is willing to teach.

  • dragon fire!

    • DD
    • October 29, 2003 at 11:13 PM

    trogdor

  • All my random videos from then to now.

    • DD
    • October 29, 2003 at 12:57 AM
    Quote from mikezilla

    EL TWINKIES MUERTEhttp://www.mikezilla.net/videos/eltwinkiesmuerte.mpg

    The original gangsta. The video that started it all. This is me and fletch deciding the matrix and hostess snacks need to be combined in horrific fashion.

    http://%7boption%7d

  • Bus texture

    • DD
    • October 27, 2003 at 7:45 PM

    looks really... cartoon. Textures tile...

  • CONTEST: GAMES THAT NEVER MADE IT

    • DD
    • October 27, 2003 at 6:17 PM
    Quote from Slapshot

    /me is pwned before i even trySo I won't, or maybe I will in a bit...

    Next time don't bother posting and wasting about 10 seconds of my life kthx arsebite.

  • !REQUEST Helicopter Roof Top Landing Pad

    • DD
    • October 27, 2003 at 8:04 AM

    switched over, finally got email working for somefin

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™