1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. DD

Posts by DD

  • Oh boy! Fallout inspired wall sections!

    • DD
    • December 5, 2003 at 8:48 PM

    Thats too 1337 zaphod.

  • Female Cop Skin

    • DD
    • December 1, 2003 at 1:44 AM

    lux like uma thurman cell shaded

  • Household Death

    • DD
    • December 1, 2003 at 1:20 AM
    Quote from von*ferret

    nice, we need some more pics!

    done.

  • Household Death

    • DD
    • November 29, 2003 at 10:47 PM

    It's so much fuahn!~

    Version 1.0 is released featuring two unique maps from Ewok and I. It only weighs in at 28 mb so its definetly worth a try. The whole premise of the mod is deathmatch with only household items, future gameplay modes will be released, like slayer, etc.

    http://%7boption%7d

    Oh yeah, its STEAM ONLY, so eat it.

    [Blocked Image: http://omega.blackened-interactive.com/hhd/hd_house0000.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thedd.net/photos/hd_shroom/3.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://omega.blackened-interactive.com/hhd/hd_house0001.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thedd.net/photos/hd_shroom/1.jpg]

  • the ITS BACK thread

    • DD
    • November 28, 2003 at 8:34 AM

    It's my precious, those theiving hobbits taeks it, they is tricksy. THEY TAKES MY PRECIOUS, MY CORE!!

  • telescope

    • DD
    • November 21, 2003 at 8:11 AM

    awesome, nice detail. seems like the plcount is kinda high. that the norm for hl2 mdls?

  • FLFD

    • DD
    • November 21, 2003 at 3:16 AM
    Quote from von*ferret

    looks nice and all I guess, but its hi-res textures on low-poly maps. It still gets that mediocre look now that is hl1. Unless the gameplay changed and the resource requirement changed for FLF I'm not gonna play Defense.

    The resource requirement is the same as HL. THe hi-res and color textures only work if your PC/videocard can support it.

    And by that logic, I'm not going to play nightwatch and firearms (and because the gameplay sucked in the previous version) just because its still low poly hl1, and ugly 8 bit textures.

  • 512x512 Havana-ish wall contest.

    • DD
    • November 21, 2003 at 12:32 AM

    Those windows look like they're floating in front of the wall.

  • FLFD

    • DD
    • November 21, 2003 at 12:31 AM

    I was somewhat right saying flfd uses trilinear filtering. Based on that definition, I knew it had something to do with texture filtering. But to see the nice crisp filtering in flfd you pretty much got to have the mod. It's hard to see in images and/or videos. Looks sweet though.

  • 512x512 Havana-ish wall contest.

    • DD
    • November 20, 2003 at 6:30 PM

    Everybody do dd a favor and don't index to 8 bit. Use 24 bits of color plzz

  • 512x512 Havana-ish wall contest.

    • DD
    • November 20, 2003 at 5:02 AM

    I've already started, pics soon. Nice 512 24 bit pics

  • FLFD

    • DD
    • November 19, 2003 at 11:34 PM

    Ya I figured I got the term wrong, thats what I said.

    Quote

    (I think thats the correct term)

    I meant to say HL defaults to using gl_linear_mipmap_nearest. I talked to omega and he told me that he implemented gl_linear_mipmap_linear and gl_linear, plus theres aniso.

    I suppose gl programmers would understand that, just means textures filter and look better from far away vs. standard hl filtering. And we use mipmaps.

  • FLFD

    • DD
    • November 19, 2003 at 6:41 PM
    Quote from Taylor

    Hitting your texture memory guideline in 3 textures isn't a good thing.

    Were not limited to 4mb, not even 8mb, but the programmer created custom compile tools so we can use much more with these specialty textures. The only people who see these textures are those who set it, and 3d cards that can handle it, otherwise it defaults to the wad textures. Another cool thing is that people who use the special textures, the textures get compressed on most video cards (wads can't do that) and so they actually get BETTER performance on the average. These textures also filter better, standard hl2 textures have bilinear filter (I think thats the correct term), thats why you see the ugly distortion of textures after a certain distance. These specialty textures actually use trilinear filtering so they look sharper and cleaner from distances and odd angles.

    Quote from The_Postman

    Why bother doing that for HL? That's all I gotta ponder.

    Because HL2 isn't out yet, and this is good practice. I also don't want to bother mapping for any other games. I thought about b42/dc, but mapping in that game is fucking nub. ut2k3 is interesting, but I really don't like any mods or the game. quake3 sux... nothing I'm really interested in. I'm also very familiar with HL so this mods gives me new creative freedom!

  • FLFD

    • DD
    • November 19, 2003 at 6:35 PM
    Quote from DUFFY

    yea i dont get it either whats the difference

    Both are 32 bit, I just shot two views.

    This isn't an example of hi-resolution textures, only 32 bit. It could be 32bit and hi res, but I'm lazy. I fixed it to not cause confusion.

    [Blocked Image: http://thedd.net/images/32proof.jpg]

    If it was standard hl, you couldn't possiblly get the same effect with solid black bars. Unless you inserted a ton of polies. You'd be limited to crappy 8bit textures.

    Heres an example of hi-res textures (rock):

    [Blocked Image: http://thedd.net/images/d_torrent2.jpg]

  • 512x512 Havana-ish wall contest.

    • DD
    • November 19, 2003 at 12:17 AM

    zilla wins

  • 512x512 Havana-ish wall contest.

    • DD
    • November 17, 2003 at 10:08 PM

    x-t wins

  • 512x512 Havana-ish wall contest.

    • DD
    • November 17, 2003 at 6:26 PM

    Remove the cowboy and it wins.

  • Farcry

    • DD
    • November 17, 2003 at 6:11 PM
    Quote from theiggsta

    Sounds really cool, looks like another company is not following in VALVes footsteps! Rejoice!

    Because not following valves unique style of game design is totally cool huh iggy? (sarcasm) I hate how people try to act like its cool to oppose valve. The only footprint valve has really left other to follow is the cabal method of game design, and if you think you're so slick that that's not a "cool" method to follow, you probably don't know jack about game design. I SHIT ON YOU IGGY.

    http://%7boption%7d

  • FLFD

    • DD
    • November 17, 2003 at 9:47 AM

    One really cool feature about this mod is that it supports 32 bit textures up to 1024 px.

    Heres a proof:

    Ignore the brushwork, players will never be able to get up this close. This is a modified 32 bit 256px texture, original 8 bit 256 px from mikeyzillers.

    [Blocked Image: http://thedd.net/images/32proof.jpg]

    They need more mappers, this feature was enough to rope me in. Talk to me in #mapcore if you guys want to get in on this. Good practice before hl2 D: More info here too: http://%7boption%7d

  • !hardc0re texture(s) request

    • DD
    • November 15, 2003 at 1:05 AM

    mikezilla! I'm making a mega request, I was hoping you could send me some of the source textures (if they exist) from Zillafinal.wad. Specially the {textures.

    I'm working on a map for flfd, they support up to 32 bit textures and up to 1024 px.

    Here r sum IMAEG! I hacked up a few of your textures (which I'm not too happy about).

    If this church looks familiar its because it should, reusing geometry to build a new map.

    [Blocked Image: http://thedd.net/images/d_torrent.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://thedd.net/images/d_torrent2.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://thedd.net/images/d_torrent3.jpg]

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™