1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Duff-e

Posts by Duff-e

  • Lets talk about circumcision shall we?

    • Duff-e
    • October 24, 2007 at 3:11 AM

    yes for an ignorant person it is very easy to draw parallels on two completely independent issues.

    It isn't an HIV "thing" it's scientific fact. What about in a country like Africa, with a HIV population of up to 50% in some areas? Or should we not introduce such an American ideal from your perspective to another country?

    Perhaps if you do glance at the wikipedia page which I have no doubt you haven't, you would realize that HIV is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of circumcision for disease prevention.

    For some reason you have the need to skip over the numerous points I make besides the ones that you can easily dismiss with flawed logic, hyperbole and ridiculous analogies.

    I mentioned one very significant con with circumcision but again you just decided to jump to demonizing the practice as a "way to fit in with peers." If you're circumcised as a child please explain to me how this is some "hip new thing" all the kids are doing to fit in? If uncircumcised people feel they are superior to circumcised ones then why does it seem like only the uncircumcised ones are complaining and belittling others?

    This discussion has become pointless now that you've started making ridiculous terrible analogies, such as suggesting to cut an ear off to prevent wax. Maybe you also need to spend some time understanding the anatomy of the ear too.

  • Lets talk about circumcision shall we?

    • Duff-e
    • October 24, 2007 at 1:18 AM

    The only possible real con that I can see in the matter is choice and thats what this topic is completely about, not circumcision. And while choice is a very serious matter the choice that is made for these children is based on many clinical studies from various accredited sources.

    If a child was to reserve the right of choice until he was of age to make a choice there would be probably millions of children around the world that would die before their 10th birthday. Everything from naming a child, to inoculation with vaccines to things as simple as diet which can detrimentally effect the growth of a child infinitely more times than the scientifically certified removal of a small piece of otherwise trivial skin.

    When does a child have the right of choice? Should a person be withheld from all the choices listed above until their 16th or perhaps 18th birthday?

    You might find yourself with quite a bit of chaos and many lives that could have otherwise been saved.

  • Lets talk about circumcision shall we?

    • Duff-e
    • October 24, 2007 at 12:36 AM
    Quote

    As for the vagina circumcision being so much worse due to its pleasure-discouraging intent, it might interest you to know that in the 19th century doctors were widely known to propose circumcision as a way of discouraging masturbation, as well as the now-disproved hygiene benefits.

    1. anti-masturbation is a religious thing. I don't know about you but my parents talked to me about masturbating when I was a kid and told me theres nothing wrong with it. any reasonable and rational person will understand masturbation is the safest form of sex possible.

    2. So you're comparing tribal shaman to modern licensed medical doctors? hmm...that seems like a reasonable comparison

    Quote

    But as I also said earlier, if you guys in the US want to do that then fine. I'll rest happy knowing that nobody in my family (or indeed the other 96% of the country) will be circumcised. If nothing else, I just pity the children of the US; it's very nice having an extremely soft and sensitive penis head, and a culture that supports it. Very Happy

    your anti-us sentiment comes through so strongly above anything else that it completely discredits almost everything you say. I'm not sure how you can say only jewish countries perform circumcisions when it clearly says in the paragraph that you quoted countries like south korea and the Philippines. Why exactly should we be focusing on the western countries? South Korea and the Philippines are both very modern countries. Unless maybe you know something I don't about the jewish populations of those countries.

    Being a reasonable person I'm not about to deny that there are people out there with legitimate issues towards circumcision from the emotional consequences and even the physical ones of surgery so soon after birth. I once had to watch a documentary and write a paper on the issue of female genital modification and Comparing female genital modification and male circumcision is absolutely ludicrous.

    Maybe you should actually read the wikipedia page on circumcision instead of blindly supporting your argument with bias. Scientific studies clearly outline many of the pros of circumcision such as:

    Quote

    Three randomised control trials published since 2005 confirm that adult male circumcision results in a 50-60% reduction in risk of HIV transmission from female to male

    To list one of many.

    You're almost as bad as George Bush with your inability to acknowledge that there are two sides to every argument.

  • Lets talk about circumcision shall we?

    • Duff-e
    • October 23, 2007 at 7:25 PM

    I think you guys are making way to strong of a correlation between the genital mutilation of a womans clitoris (which I don't approve of) and removing a part of skin that is more or less a scientific moot point. Maybe I'm making the mistake of basing my assumptions off of what is on wikipedia but it covers both sides of the argument and theres no real conclusive evidence for or against.

    I don't believe in religion anyway so I'm on the side of the opponents of circumcision in that respect; perhaps the religious people just got lucky because it turns out to be disease prevention as well. But I would never give a person shit because they circumcised their child based on medical data.

  • Lets talk about circumcision shall we?

    • Duff-e
    • October 23, 2007 at 6:38 PM

    oh shit killertomato went there haha

    I don't understand what the problem. The people who have uncircumcised penises like their uncircumcised penis....the people who are circumcised like their circumcised penis...whats the problem?

    why are you trying to tell people what they should/shouldn't think/feel? God knows I don't walk around all day thinking about my circumcised penis; aside from the pleasuring that it does some fine ass ladies. ;D

  • Lets talk about circumcision shall we?

    • Duff-e
    • October 23, 2007 at 5:56 PM
    Quote

    Circumcision is an archaic practice that survives simply due to misconceptions and tradition. There is no logical reason to do it beyond fitting in. Fortunately this 'fitting in' only applies to the US; you guys can chop off a part of your kids' dicks all you like. Ah Yeah

    Quote

    Wikipedia:Circumcision is most prevalent in Muslim countries, Israel, the United States, the Philippines and South Korea and is commonly practised in the Jewish and Muslim faiths.

    ?

    and RD...not feel pleasure? I dunno when I have sex it's fantastic

  • Lets talk about circumcision shall we?

    • Duff-e
    • October 23, 2007 at 2:27 PM

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumcisi ... _religions

    and as a cultural thing christians have no influence on it...which means the only motivation for a christian parents to have their child circumcised would be the health/hygiene aspects. doesn't sound that malicious to me.

    argue with jewish people all you want but I'm just saying it's not like some cult of the modified penis...it's like being inoculated as a child...you could die from the antibiotics but that choice is made for you as well.

  • Lets talk about circumcision shall we?

    • Duff-e
    • October 23, 2007 at 2:14 PM

    children reject the religion of their parents all the time....I've never felt handicapped because I'm circumcised

    ....and you know theres a procedure to put the skin back on if it really bothers you that much. so I don't see what the big deal is. if it's about choice then there are so many more important and influential things in a child's life than whether or not they have a flap of skin on their penis. why focus on that?

  • Lets talk about circumcision shall we?

    • Duff-e
    • October 23, 2007 at 6:19 AM

    I'm just saying...if you're that petty about a person you're interested in you're probably more interested in fucking her and dumping her not anything serious

    and if thats the case there are plenty of fish in the sea....fish who would probably love uncircumcised penis.

  • mapcore exchange

    • Duff-e
    • October 23, 2007 at 6:03 AM

    i was just in colombus circle tonight for the justice concert at terminal 5 (electro)

    shit was awesome

  • mapcore exchange

    • Duff-e
    • October 22, 2007 at 6:34 PM

    thats fine cause I just turned 20...most of the bars we go to don't card. what we usually do is if we manage to get into a bar without ID by bullshitting we buy the bouncer a shot so he remembers us and we always get in.

    but yeah there are a bunch of cool places. he works in times square? nice...what does he do?

  • mapcore exchange

    • Duff-e
    • October 22, 2007 at 6:19 PM

    haha you definitely should.

    we go all over the place...astoria, williamsburg, west 4th street

    mostly bars and stuff...me and my friends are all internet literate so you would probably have no problem getting along with them. one of them is on mapcore every now and then too...danielaragon

    are you in college on LI?

  • mapcore exchange

    • Duff-e
    • October 22, 2007 at 3:12 PM

    the situation for me is pretty laid back since I live with 3 friends all between 20-25...and we're not slobs but we're not exactly anal either. but yeah half the fun for me would be showing someone nyc cause I'm kind of a nyc whore and of all the places I've been to I always like coming back cause theres nothing like it that I've seen so far.

  • Lets talk about circumcision shall we?

    • Duff-e
    • October 22, 2007 at 1:08 PM

    I think arguing for or against circumcision is stupid. If you're in a relationship with a person who gives you shit for having the penis you're born with you probably shouldn't be with that person anyway. I wouldn't make it an America vs the world thing either...it's a personal choice made by individual families.

  • Ipod touch

    • Duff-e
    • October 22, 2007 at 12:24 PM

    lol...thanks

    well I mean...as ginger_lord said, as american I don't have 3G options so that weighs heavily in my endorsement for the iphone. I've mostly had blackberries for the past 5 years (the older ones and two of the newer versions). The only pitfall for the iphone for me is the camera, which in corporate America is usually not allowed.

    that said, the iphone is definitely more of a toy than anything else. it's fun to play around with and people are always impressed by it. I'd say what puts the iphone at the top of the list for me more than anything else is the fact that the screen is about 2x the size of your average phone. That and it's flawlessly integrated with the ipod interface and one of the only phone/mp3 hybrids I've used that doesn't look retarded.

    again this is all personal preference, from a technical standpoint I'm aware that the iphone is easily trumped.

  • Lets talk about circumcision shall we?

    • Duff-e
    • October 22, 2007 at 12:08 PM

    I was circumcised at birth. My parents said it was recommended by the doctor as a cleanliness thing. Most of my friends (assuming they're not lying) are circumcised. I have 1 friend who was so embarrassed about his uncircumcised penis that he had it circumcised when he was 16. Ouch.

    I doubt circumcision has much of an influence on anything. Like other people said, if the soap goes towards your crotch at any point chances are you're going to give it a thorough scrubbing. As far as women go I think more emphasis is put on size than anything else, and even then people say as long as your dick isn't like 3" long it makes no difference.

    And I don't even want to know how you ended up on the oprah forums, Izuno.

  • mapcore exchange

    • Duff-e
    • October 22, 2007 at 11:53 AM

    HELLOOOOOOOOOOO mapcore

    Since mapcore is such an international group I was wondering what you guys would think about a kind of foreign exchange type deal. I realize I've been out of the mapcore loop for a long time now (not to say I was ever in the loop) but perhaps between trustworthy members, provided some assurances, it would be an interesting idea.

    I currently live in NYC and am looking into getting an apartment with a couple friends who wouldn't mind hosting people for a week or two at a time. You would have to chip in for food and what not during your stay but you would be pretty much guaranteed a good time since we know most of the tourist destinations and can cut through the expensive bullshit and take you right to the fun.

    I know there are a lot of things that need to be expanded upon in order to make this feasible, but I would have no problem working out itineraries with people who might be interested.

    So with that said, anyone interested?

  • Ipod touch

    • Duff-e
    • October 21, 2007 at 8:15 AM

    as an owner of an iphone and a friend of someone with an ipod touch

    do yourself a favor and get the iphone. the only phone that remotely comes near the iphone is the blackberry in terms of functionality and options

  • Post your pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • Duff-e
    • October 2, 2007 at 1:42 PM

    is he a pimp

  • Post your pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • Duff-e
    • October 2, 2007 at 2:32 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v115/80/65/16410230/n16410230_31376995_823.jpg]

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™