1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Duff-e

Posts by Duff-e

  • Chrome OS

    • Duff-e
    • November 24, 2009 at 12:24 PM

    does wave make you create some kind of username or does it use your existing gmail account name?

    The latest google stuff has left me pretty meh. For example, I use google reader all the time and it's pretty much my first stop for internet content. That said if it disappeared tomorrow it would be an inconvenience but I could recover pretty quickly. I think google wave, while interesting and innovative, will be the same thing.

  • Another successful boycott! (L4D2)

    • Duff-e
    • November 23, 2009 at 7:58 PM

    yeah I know that was out of context...I just had something to say and didn't want to start a new thread

    move along

  • How to break in the games industry - an insiders' guide

    • Duff-e
    • November 23, 2009 at 11:47 AM

  • Yes, I'm a dad (since July)

    • Duff-e
    • November 23, 2009 at 11:44 AM

    when 5" holes on men open wide enough to expel 8 pound babies I'll consider them fully certified in the "having" baby process

    P.S. No I don't want you to find me videos of men putting novelty size dildos in their asses.

  • Another successful boycott! (L4D2)

    • Duff-e
    • November 23, 2009 at 11:39 AM

    pirating software is an addiction. back in the day I would install the entire adobe suite including all the extensions and color correction programs just to have it. Even photoshop I only used maybe 3 times a year.

    I downloaded and installed dragon age 2 weeks ago but have yet to play it. I just like the satisfaction of reading threads about it, window+d, and bask in the satisfaction of the icon on my desktop.

  • Yes, I'm a dad (since July)

    • Duff-e
    • November 23, 2009 at 11:33 AM

    I'm just curious....now that your wife had a baby....do you ever call her a milf? I know I would.

  • Yes, I'm a dad (since July)

    • Duff-e
    • November 23, 2009 at 6:08 AM

    ...................

    baaaaaaabbbbbbeehhhhhhhhhhhh

  • How to break in the games industry - an insiders' guide

    • Duff-e
    • November 22, 2009 at 9:10 PM

    Do you guys know of any article that chronicles the making of a popular commercial game from start to finish? What are common personnel titles, stages of development and timelines given for a game? Does it vary widely? How big is the average team? Are mappers expected to graduate to higher levels of development like story conception and direction or do you spend your careers within your niche trying to attain mapping nirvana?

    I know that every company will do things differently but I'm curious if there are procedures that you'll find across the board at every game studio.

  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Teaser

    • Duff-e
    • November 22, 2009 at 12:05 PM

    oh ok...I wasn't sure what the party hat face meant

  • Development blog for the original POP

    • Duff-e
    • November 22, 2009 at 11:51 AM

    http://jordanmechner.com/old-journals/page/11/

    Very cool. Some insight into not only the game but some of the world events happening during production. It's great reading how a guy making one of the most iconic games of all time would abandon it all to be a successful hollywood screenwriter if he could.

    Quote

    Showed POP to the Tribunal – Gary, Gene, Brian, Sophie K. (of Marketing), and Ann Kronen.Ann and Sophie, who hadn’t seen it before, gasped over the animation.

  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Teaser

    • Duff-e
    • November 22, 2009 at 11:04 AM
    Quote

    ":uhk2rmhu]

    The amount of win...

    que!?

  • METRO 2033

    • Duff-e
    • November 22, 2009 at 9:42 AM

    that's pretty funny. I wonder what english words other people use the way we use words like doppleganger and couture, etc

  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Teaser

    • Duff-e
    • November 22, 2009 at 7:04 AM

    I don't know what skull picture you're talking about because your link stopped working but the idea reminded me of this one from the big picture -

    [Blocked Image: http://cache.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/blogs/bigpicture/afghan_11_12/af23_16891827.jpg]

  • Chrome OS

    • Duff-e
    • November 21, 2009 at 5:23 AM

    it's perfect for bic's mother

  • Let's talk gaming mice!

    • Duff-e
    • November 20, 2009 at 1:59 PM

    I wouldn't take that for granted. the logitech G7 is a modern RF wireless mouse. if you're talking bluetooth, then yeah you're fine.

  • Let's talk gaming mice!

    • Duff-e
    • November 20, 2009 at 11:51 AM

    be really careful with 2.4 ghz wireless internet/phone when buying a 2.4 ghz wireless mouse. when my wireless is on I can't even use my G7 making it pretty worthless.

  • Another successful boycott! (L4D2)

    • Duff-e
    • November 19, 2009 at 1:42 AM

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • Them Crooked Vultures

    • Duff-e
    • November 17, 2009 at 5:46 AM

    http://www.motherjones.com/politics/200 ... iv-deniers

    I came across this yesterday and thought it was BS.....apparently it's very very true. Never really cared for nirvana/foo fighters so it's all good.

  • Can D.I.Y. Supplant the First-Person Shooter?

    • Duff-e
    • November 17, 2009 at 4:29 AM

    I think a lot of people make the mistake of connecting "independent" with the aesthetic of something like flow. The most interesting D.I.Y game would be one that can make an FPS interesting on a low budget instead of these neo-environmental hipster games. Not to say they're all like that but it's the same bad rep film/music get with the independent tag, it turns into US (progressive 'intelligent' gamers) and them (halo playing general public) which is what should be avoided.

    I know these games exist I'm just saying your next-gen game doesn't NEED to be barren environments with analog only input.

  • Can D.I.Y. Supplant the First-Person Shooter?

    • Duff-e
    • November 16, 2009 at 11:14 PM

    better to let it flow freely erratic, I do it all the time.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™