1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Duff-e

Posts by Duff-e

  • Every day the same dream

    • Duff-e
    • January 1, 2010 at 9:11 PM

    I think I'll agree with what others said: idea/concept interesting but implementation fail.

    The implementation fails because the idea is boring. It's like a game version of those posters and sayings people put online. If you use stumble upon you know what I'm talking about. They're pictures of hollow or desolate places with some emo glimmer of hope. A quote that says "I need you" or a piece of paper on a telephone pole that says "I love you" where you can tear off "telephone numbers" that say "I love you too." American Beauty, fight club, michael clayton, "free hugs", a guy sitting a booth with a sign that says "I'll talk to anyone about anything."

    This is the game version of all of the above. Maybe I only played through it because the music was hypnotically soothing.

  • Every day the same dream

    • Duff-e
    • January 1, 2010 at 8:30 PM

    Yeah first time I played it I went all the way to the end and jumped...

  • Every day the same dream

    • Duff-e
    • January 1, 2010 at 7:52 PM

    My only real motivation for playing the game was to find out if it was as dumb as I thought it would be. I played it before I saw this thread, went through the day two or three times before getting bored. Today I beat the whole thing in about 15 minutes.

    It's really weird and I don't know how I feel about it. I wasted more time on this game than many arguably "better" flash games but I didn't get any real satisfaction out of finishing it. I mean it barely qualifies as a game...it's like reading a book that requires you press buttons to progress in the story. I'm pissed that I spent the time to beat it but I'm confused as to why I even gave it the time of day. Does that make it a good game?

    On the one hand it would be more enjoyable without some of the monotony.....on the other hand without the monotony is there even a game?

  • OnLive

    • Duff-e
    • January 1, 2010 at 4:54 AM

    It's amazing how far a solution can go for a problem that doesn't exist. I built a gaming computer 2 years ago for $800 that can run almost every game out at max settings. If I really needed top of the line I could drop $400 on a new graphics card that would resolve any technology bottleneck. If we're talking about a laptop then what's the point? With power consumption and latency you would need a network and power cable all the time. This is of course assuming their idea isn't just marketing BS, which it probably is.

    Anyone who has ever used remote desktop software like say VNC or LOGMEIN stopped and said "holy shit, I wonder if I can run games on my gaming PC and control them from my laptop" only to discover that no, they can't. Any technology that OnLive has "created", proprietary or otherwise, would be such a revolutionary step in broadband technology that it would have been publicly known forever. No matter how great their technology is it can't get around the physical limitations of the cable running from my house to the telephone pole.

    The only thing that would make any sense is using this "technology" to put q3/hl1 era games on netbook type computers. Someone with too much money owned a slingbox, liked to play video games and dropped probably millions on a very lazy concept.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Duff-e
    • December 31, 2009 at 4:51 PM

    It's the only place the bans don't stick mon ami

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Duff-e
    • December 31, 2009 at 3:27 PM

    I also had to look up double fine

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Duff-e
    • December 31, 2009 at 6:39 AM

    JAILBAIT WITH LARGE PHALLIC FISH

  • Mapcore.net Privacy

    • Duff-e
    • December 30, 2009 at 9:51 PM

    LOOK IT'S A SPAM BOT, I KNEW IT ALL ALONG, MODERATORS KILL IT

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Duff-e
    • December 30, 2009 at 9:39 PM

    that's awesome DannO....is it a band or are you doing some kind of production work?

  • Mapcore.net Privacy

    • Duff-e
    • December 30, 2009 at 6:29 PM

    name is changed now baby. I can talk about strippers and blow till my next shipment comes in!!

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Duff-e
    • December 30, 2009 at 4:15 PM

    a lot of amateur musicians on mapcore eh

  • Mapcore.net Privacy

    • Duff-e
    • December 30, 2009 at 2:21 PM

    Man I just hit the bong like 30 minutes ago and saw my name in this thread. Everyone is gonna think it's a play wall-e.....fuck.

  • Mapcore.net Privacy

    • Duff-e
    • December 29, 2009 at 8:44 PM

    edit

  • Mapcore.net Privacy

    • Duff-e
    • December 29, 2009 at 4:05 PM

    It's silly but it can and does cost people jobs. There are a lot of losers who like getting their nose in other peoples personal shit.

  • Mapcore.net Privacy

    • Duff-e
    • December 29, 2009 at 3:57 PM

    Because I'm a doofus on mapcore and say things I wouldn't in real life

    Perhaps the answer is to be more of a doofus IRL?

    2d-chris, this stuff isn't just anecdotal. I did consultant work for a bunch of head hunting firms in NYC and internet background checks have been the norm for years. Usually people don't go beyond the obvious stuff like facebook/myspace/typing pertinent information into google and seeing what comes back. Some HR people pay for this 3rd party program where you put in the email address on the resume and it searches web 2.0 services for public accounts.

  • Mapcore.net Privacy

    • Duff-e
    • December 29, 2009 at 2:53 PM

    Finally I can put "internet recommended / filled tubes consistently" on my resume

  • Mapcore.net Privacy

    • Duff-e
    • December 29, 2009 at 1:15 PM

    edit

  • Mapcore.net Privacy

    • Duff-e
    • December 29, 2009 at 1:05 PM

    I don't expect them to start pulling my birth certificate or anything dux, I'm just being cautious. If I were hiring someone who worked primarily online I'd google any project/company/product on their resume if for nothing else but curiosity. It's sort of like the 21st century version of calling your references.

    http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/08/2 ... pplicants/

  • Mapcore.net Privacy

    • Duff-e
    • December 29, 2009 at 12:42 PM

    edit

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Duff-e
    • December 27, 2009 at 12:29 PM

    LITTLE NAZI FLARE UP EH.... GOT MY EYE ON YOU SHIFTY KRAUTS

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™