1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Duff-e

Posts by Duff-e

  • Apple tablet!?!?!?

    • Duff-e
    • January 28, 2010 at 12:08 PM

    Not having flash on the iphone is inconvenient but in the end you deal with it because its primary function is as a phone. With the ipad, something that's supposed to be a media device, it kind of cripples some of the best of the best the web has to offer right now. I agree with thrik that there's more at play than it just being a resource/power hog (which I know about first hand because the shitty laptop I'm on right now shuts down from streaming anything flash for more than 5 minutes).

    As lame as it is I'd rather have the modbook at this point. Only thing you really miss out on is multi-touch/3g/form factor. The mod book has a stylus and expensive wacom tablet in its favor.

    http://www.axiotron.com/index.php?id=modbook ($1650, ouch)

  • Apple tablet!?!?!?

    • Duff-e
    • January 28, 2010 at 10:36 AM

    Not to mention the barnes and noble Nook. I saw someone on the train with it yesterday it looks pretty cool.

    The ipad will probably be a success for people just looking for straight content delivery. The lack of flash is pretty insane though. I'm sure there will be some pretty innovative games and apps for people to play with now that devs have a bigger screen and more power to exploit.

  • James Cameron's Avatar

    • Duff-e
    • January 28, 2010 at 6:12 AM

    TWELVE times.

    [Blocked Image: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ogyWXNsKt3I/R6fsz9TqNmI/AAAAAAAAAis/cEEv1429X84/s400/th_NeoWhoa.jpg]

  • Apple tablet!?!?!?

    • Duff-e
    • January 27, 2010 at 10:57 PM

    I don't really care for either of them. It seems like everyone is sacrificing usability for clever design. I have this

    fujitsu lifebook p1610:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.digitaltechnews.com/news/images/fujitsu_lifebook_p1610.jpg]

    It's pretty awesome. 2.5 lbs, 8.9 screen. It's got all the inputs you could want gets over 10 hours of battery life.

    What bothers me is the direction companies have been going in lately. Everyone is coming out with proprietary hardware to do simple tasks, it seems pretty backwards. I mean it's so blatantly obvious that companies are doing this to keep control over their users that I can't see it ending well.

  • Apple tablet!?!?!?

    • Duff-e
    • January 27, 2010 at 10:33 PM

    Yeah I'm not particularly impressed by it. Oh well, I'll probably get to play with one soon enough to see what it's all about. My PC tablet is smaller, lighter and has a keyboard :\

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2010

    • Duff-e
    • January 27, 2010 at 2:02 PM

    normally I'd say man ass is worthy of a ban but to post your own man ass is a daring risk that should be rewarded. I am conflicted. Also, nice bathroom.

  • Apple tablet!?!?!?

    • Duff-e
    • January 27, 2010 at 1:55 PM

    Here's a link that you can set to auto refresh for live blogging on the apple announcements today.

    http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/27/live ... &refresh=0

    My original plan was twitter but people are saying it's very likely it will go down at some point. It's all of course speculation at this point but yesterday on MSNBC the Mcgraw-Hill CEO (book/textbook publisher) slipped up about the content they're developing for the new platform.

    I've had a PC tablet for years now and I love it. I remember how people were making fun of microsoft for endorsing tablets about 5 years ago so the announcement today will be a validation of sorts. Regardless though based on apples track record it will be cool to see what they bring to the table, particularly the input device. I hope it's not just like the axiotron modbook because that would be lame.

    Let the fanboyism/speculation/hate begin!

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Duff-e
    • January 26, 2010 at 2:52 PM

    I think I played you in an RPG once dux

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Duff-e
    • January 26, 2010 at 8:36 AM

    those pants look like they break down into a 31 piece S&M kit

  • 360 Haiti videos

    • Duff-e
    • January 25, 2010 at 4:48 AM

    what the hell?

    Have you seen HP's avatar for the past couple weeks? It's not like shes nude...not to mention how small it is.

  • 360 Haiti videos

    • Duff-e
    • January 24, 2010 at 10:46 PM

    The company that does this has a bunch of tech videos that are equally as awesome.

    http://www.immersivemedia.com/demos/index.php

    I can't find the exact one that I saw first but it was a bunch of guys driving a boat. Twas very cool.

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2010

    • Duff-e
    • January 24, 2010 at 10:56 AM

    I think he got her serial number if you know what I'm saying

    you know

    FROM THE INSIDE MY NIGGA WHATTUP

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2010

    • Duff-e
    • January 24, 2010 at 10:40 AM

    I don't know but she can get it if she wants it. I'm not gonna chase it down though.

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2010

    • Duff-e
    • January 22, 2010 at 7:57 PM

    you're a mad man. I shall never share your enthusiasm for climbing things you can fall and die from.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Duff-e
    • January 22, 2010 at 7:14 PM

    After 7 years I finally managed to break my HD570's. I pushed on the inside of the left headset for no reason and it popped out. It still works but now the piece is floating around in there.

    RIP HD570 for enduring being sat on about 100 times and having me chew on your wire requiring 3 replacements.

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2010

    • Duff-e
    • January 22, 2010 at 8:22 AM

    edit: I'm dumb, nice tattoo

    edit 2: *sucks in gut, buttons pants*

  • Gratulerer med dagen Skjalg!

    • Duff-e
    • January 20, 2010 at 5:29 AM

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY,

    I SEE YOUR BUSTY MODEL AND RAISE YOU A CUP SIZE

    [Blocked Image: http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/7092/76qy…9uemjndcdao.jpg]

    http://images.google.com/images?q=shay% ... =en&tab=wi

    I love how her profile says shes a dancer. With cans like that I doubt she has much influence over her center of gravity. It's true though, hispanic women are top shelf. http://supertangas.com/

  • Post your favourite movie scenes ever!

    • Duff-e
    • January 19, 2010 at 9:09 PM

    any specific examples stepp? I'm probably watching it again tomorrow so I'll have something to look for.

  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Teaser

    • Duff-e
    • January 19, 2010 at 7:40 AM

    I take offense to the CS 1.6 hate.

    That's 5 year of my teenage development you're insulting right there.

  • Post your favourite movie scenes ever!

    • Duff-e
    • January 19, 2010 at 7:35 AM

    Indeed. I saw the hurt locker a few days ago. I went in expecting more army porn but was pleasantly surprised. It's hard to believe it only made 16 million because for a movie with a 11 million dollar budget I thought it looked pretty good.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™