1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

dm_walkway

  • dewdle
  • October 3, 2007 at 1:22 PM
  • dewdle
    • October 3, 2007 at 1:22 PM
    • #1

    It's basically a hl2dm map set in an aztec setting. There's not much I can say about it, I guess playing is experiencing.

    It seems to play really well with around 8 people but could probably play well up to about 16.

    Weapons are generously dished out, shotgun and rpg are probably the best suited, I also positioned the crossbow in a "sniper" spot, though you can be ferreted out quite easily.

    All in all fairly balanced, fast paced and enjoyable. Hope you like.

    [Blocked Image: http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/1610/dmwalkway0000bd8.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/5292/dmwalkway0003er7.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/193/dmwalkway0004hv7.jpg]

    For more information/ screens go to

    http://www.rabid-monkey.com/~dewdle/gallerywalkway.htm

    Download:

    http://www.rabid-monkey.com/~dewdle/fil ... alkway.rar

  • GregBoffins
    • October 3, 2007 at 2:57 PM
    • #2

    Looks cool but that isn't an aztec settin, more late medieval.

    This is aztec:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.relaischateaux.com/IMG/rubon693.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.geocities.com/architecture_aztec_america/america/aztecTOT.jpg]

  • Fяэ&a
    • October 3, 2007 at 6:21 PM
    • #3

    You should make a lot of things better:

    --The spawnplaces are all set in the same direction, at some places with face to wall

    --The stone-prop_statics underwater are "flying". rotate them or put them on the ground, and you´ve got some props "following" (2 kind of boats for example). Remove some sawblades and add other physics like little stones or wood_crates.

    --You must change something with your weapon- and ammoplaces. I see 2 shotguns or 2 xbows near to each other.

    --For a bit better gameplay you should add info_ladder_dismounts. Much players hate pressing the jump button to leave ladders.

    Generally, your brushwork and the lightning is good.

    I like the map.

  • Defrag
    • October 3, 2007 at 8:19 PM
    • #4

    Some of those stone walls look a bit too thin. They're big stone blocks, not prefab concrete breeze blocks Also, the lighting is a bit flat / dull in the first shot -- a few torches would've made it more interesting.

    Looks like a nice theme (though as Zombie pointed out, it ain't aztec) and stuff but it also looks like you could've done a lot more with it with some more work

  • RA7
    • October 3, 2007 at 8:28 PM
    • #5

    Well it looks better then the average orange fy map

  • dewdle
    • October 4, 2007 at 1:00 AM
    • #6

    My original intent wasn't really at an aztec setting, I figured what I ended up with was something with a similar look but I didn't base it on any references really. You've made great points so far so I think I'll go back and change a few things to improve it :wink:

  • dewdle
    • October 5, 2007 at 7:02 AM
    • #7

    Sorry for double post but I've updated the map and made a new version.

    Same download link:

    http://www.rabid-monkey.com/~dewdle/fil ... alkway.rar

    Enjoy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™