1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

New 3D feature in Hammer?

  • ⌐■_■
  • May 3, 2007 at 2:19 PM
  • ⌐■_■
    • May 3, 2007 at 2:19 PM
    • #1

    It's been quite a while since I touched HAMMER due to PC problems and a curse I'm currently trying to undo.

    Anyhow, When I'm in Hammer, I can now drag, extrude and scale things in the 3D window.. Is this new, and more importantly: is there a way to disable this? I hate it since it crashes Hammer and fooks up the things I normally use my 3d window for. It sucks.

    I know I'm an amature, don't shoot me.

  • NykO18
    • May 3, 2007 at 2:21 PM
    • #2

    How the hell are you doing that ?

    I can't do this, and I wish I could XD

  • Defrag
    • May 3, 2007 at 2:27 PM
    • #3

    Put your cursor over the 3d window and hit x to enable/disable it.

  • ⌐■_■
    • May 3, 2007 at 2:35 PM
    • #4

    Thanks alot Defrag.

    Nyko.. It's maybe because I have the SDK Base downloaded too? I asure you though.. It's not really practical since it's quite buggy IMO.

    Cheers!

  • hessi
    • May 3, 2007 at 2:38 PM
    • #5

    press 'x'

    edit: damn it. opening to many threads at the same time results in being too late.

  • ⌐■_■
    • May 3, 2007 at 2:44 PM
    • #6
    Quote from hessi

    press 'x'edit: damn it. opening to many threads at the same time results in being too late.

    I love you anyway.

  • Sa74n
    • May 3, 2007 at 2:52 PM
    • #7

    actually its been in there for a while already

  • ReNo
    • May 3, 2007 at 3:20 PM
    • #8

    It's one of these features I've not really seen mentioned anywhere, but it has been in for a while now. I enabled it accidentally at work not too long after I started and figured it must have been a feature of our internal version of hammer, but when I checked it at home, sure enough it was there too. Odd it hasn't been documented at all seemingly, but then it isn't something that is all that useful really.

  • Buddy
    • May 3, 2007 at 3:45 PM
    • #9
    Quote from Sa74n

    actually its been in there for a while already

    QFT

  • Sindwiller
    • May 3, 2007 at 3:54 PM
    • #10

    I don't actually get what you're talking about KT. Can you make a screenshot?

  • Defrag
    • May 3, 2007 at 4:10 PM
    • #11

    Providing you keep your basic geometry to a decent grid size, it actually is quite useful in the latter stages of a map's development, as you can easily resize stuff using the 3d viewport rather than having to guess what you're looking at in the 2d windows I don't use it much, but it does come in handy now and again. If they extended the functionality it'd be a lot more useful.

  • ⌐■_■
    • May 3, 2007 at 4:33 PM
    • #12

    I haven't quite come tome to that stadia yet but I imagine it'll be usefull then.

    Sindwiller:

    [Blocked Image: http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/7401/image10kh7.jpg]

  • Psy
    • May 3, 2007 at 4:35 PM
    • #13

    Bloody pointless to be honest.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 8, 2026 at 7:49 PM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™