1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Level designer vs Environment designer

  • merkaba
  • April 1, 2007 at 2:54 AM
  • JamesL
    • April 1, 2007 at 5:58 PM
    • #21

    Tell me about it. On the game prototype I am currently working on I continually run back and forth between 3 AI coders, 2 env artists and a lead, a lead designer, a principle designer (whatever the hell that is), an animator and the tools department.

    Things move very very slowly. *sighs*

  • merkaba
    • April 1, 2007 at 10:26 PM
    • #22

    OK, thanks for the great feedback all! I guess that 'environment artist' is more what I'm looking for, as I tend to come up with large-scale concepts & vivid visual depictions of a scene in my mind and then attempt to cater that to interesting gameplay, rather than the other way around. It all sounds like a very left brain/right brain thing. I think, so long as I'm in a company where I could work closely with level designers to come up with the most interesting mix of environment and gameplay, then I'm set.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 2 Guests
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™