1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

I g6t 4 pr6bl31 w1th 3y k4yb56rd

  • FrieChamp
  • March 15, 2007 at 8:57 AM
  • FrieChamp
    • March 15, 2007 at 8:57 AM
    • #1

    That is roughly what it looks like when I type with my laptop at home these days. I just loaded it up one day and it happened. It's as if I set the language bar to "1337 sp34k".

    If I press "u" it types a "5", if I press "*" it types a "-". It's the same in every program and the same pattern each time I load up the machine, I just couldn't get any sense out of it.

    My AVG is up to date and didn't find any virii, same with Search & Destroy for spyware.

    Has anyone here encountered such a problem before? I'd appreciate any help!

    Thanks

  • KoKo5oVaR
    • March 15, 2007 at 11:39 AM
    • #2

    maybe you just got a bad contact in the keyboard ?

  • Minos
    • March 15, 2007 at 11:40 AM
    • #3

    Have you tried checking "keyboard properties" under control panel ? Maybe its a driver problem who knows...

  • FrieChamp
    • March 15, 2007 at 12:19 PM
    • #4

    One bad contact can cause keys all across the board to be flipped?

    I checked the drivers, nothing unusual..I even uninstalled it, rebooted, only to see that they are there again. Maybe I gotta try it another time..

  • mjens
    • March 15, 2007 at 12:27 PM
    • #5

    try to change language of your system to english and check is it correct - if not I don't know what could it be

  • hessi
    • March 15, 2007 at 2:09 PM
    • #6

    maybe you've turned on the num lock?

  • Sindwiller
    • March 15, 2007 at 3:53 PM
    • #7
    Quote from hessi

    maybe you've turned on the num lock?

    Probably...

  • Spellbinder
    • March 15, 2007 at 4:40 PM
    • #8

    Punched a key to hard so whenever you press one key it shortcurcuit all the time, also try Start-Run-osk.exe just for aknowledgement.

  • e-freak
    • March 15, 2007 at 6:52 PM
    • #9
    Quote from FrieChamp

    One bad contact can cause keys all across the board to be flipped?

    yepp - you can easily check this by putting an external keyboard on the usb port - should show you if it is hardware or driver reasoned...

  • FrieChamp
    • March 15, 2007 at 8:15 PM
    • #10
    Quote from Sindwiller

    Probably...

    No....it has to be a....err...virus...that can`t be detected....OKAY it was the numpad that was active, but who came up with the idea to place a numpad on the regular keys?? Seriously that doesn't make any SENSE $&"#!!

    I totally made a n00b out of myself now - anyway - thanks for the help guys I need to remove a certain key from my laptop now....

  • hessi
    • March 15, 2007 at 9:41 PM
    • #11
    Quote from FrieChamp

    Probably...

    No....it has to be a....err...virus...that can`t be detected....OKAY it was the numpad that was active, but who came up with the idea to place a numpad on the regular keys?? Seriously that doesn't make any SENSE $&"#!!

    I totally made a n00b out of myself now - anyway - thanks for the help guys I need to remove a certain key from my laptop now....

    lawl you, sir, are an idiot. please remember me when i see you next time to point a finger at you and start laughing

  • ⌐■_■
    • March 15, 2007 at 9:56 PM
    • #12

    Hessi, can you please write a tut about this?

    thx

  • kleinluka
    • March 16, 2007 at 5:34 AM
    • #13

    comedy gold

  • insta
    • March 16, 2007 at 10:26 AM
    • #14

    Classics

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™