1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Easy file backup system

  • Minos
  • February 26, 2007 at 6:06 PM
  • Minos
    • February 26, 2007 at 6:06 PM
    • #1

    Hello folks. I just got a new pc and I need to backup some files from my current pc. I don't want to use DVDs because all the files will be "read-only" afterwards and that's really annoying. Is there any way I can do it without having to .rar all my stuff ?

    btw, I also sold this pc so I won't be able to mount my old hd on the new pc.

  • e-freak
    • February 26, 2007 at 6:15 PM
    • #2

    network cable? RJ-45 Crossover

  • Zacker
    • February 26, 2007 at 8:25 PM
    • #3

    I don't understand why a DVD solution would not work? Burn the files to a DVD, copy them into your new computer. As soon as they are on your hdd again, I see no reason why they should be read-only?!

  • Minos
    • February 26, 2007 at 10:00 PM
    • #4

    It's just that when I copy files straight from dvds/cds they are automatically set as "read only". At least the last time I did it (a few years ago when I switched from win 98 to xp - all of my old files are "read only" now)

  • Zacker
    • February 27, 2007 at 9:47 AM
    • #5

    Well then just mark them as writeable?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 8, 2026 at 7:49 PM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™