1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Whats up with Sven-Co Op?

  • MrH2o
  • February 13, 2007 at 12:22 PM
  • ifO
    • February 19, 2007 at 2:36 PM
    • #41

    Continuing to work on HL1 mods from a personal perspective isn't a waste of time. I still map for HL1. I've tried Source and have a lot of beef with the SDK which has put me off so far, nevertheless I will make the switch when it suits me. Mainly I've been mapping on HL1 for ~6 years and want to put out a release I'm proud of.

    Will my maps get played? Well probably not much, but then people on these forums have equally poured months of effort into quality CS and CS:S custom maps which no-one will play either. I guess like these people I map out of enjoyment and love of the game, regardless of if it'll get playtime.

    I do agree however that a mod like SC that has huge potential on Source did miss the boat a bit by not getting a Source release out sooner. I never played that mod, though I heard it was fun it did look like shite even by HL mod standards, so yeah I'm looking forward to seeing a pretty version on Source.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™