1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

The Underworld, a collaboration

  • AdamBrome
  • January 5, 2007 at 8:54 AM
  • AdamBrome
    • January 5, 2007 at 8:54 AM
    • #1

    Well as of yesterday I was officially finished with this scene. I spent today fixing minor bugs and putting the images together. As I wait for James (Gwot) to finish the character I'd like to move on to another project so I'll show the beauty render as it shows the final scene.

    Beauty shot:

    [Blocked Image: http://brome.toogeek.com/stuff/models/theunderworld_1b.jpg]

    LARGER VERSION!

    Overall scene (no lights w/ minimal bump info):

    [Blocked Image: http://brome.toogeek.com/stuff/models/theunderworld_2.jpg]

    Wires:

    [Blocked Image: http://brome.toogeek.com/stuff/models/theunderworld_3.jpg]

    There's more to the scene than whats in these shots but I'll save that for when the character is done and do one big final update. (For lack of a better term these shots show the 'gist' of the scene.)

    I had a ton of fun working on this - its been my favourite thing to texture in a long time. I learned a lot while working on this and will bring that knowledge onto everything I do in the future.

    Thanks everyone!

  • Tailgunner
    • January 5, 2007 at 9:37 AM
    • #2

    I simply love it, I love how you didnt use a lot of polygons but still made it look really good, jsut pure awesome

  • Evert
    • January 5, 2007 at 12:14 PM
    • #3

    Like it a lot!

    But why is there no texture on the ground?

  • L4zy
    • January 5, 2007 at 12:59 PM
    • #4

    We all love cgtextures...

    Nice render though.

  • e-freak
    • January 5, 2007 at 1:41 PM
    • #5

    Shows the real potential of a good texture use instead of polywaste!

    Good job on this one. Are you going to have it animated in some way?

  • Minos
    • January 5, 2007 at 2:44 PM
    • #6

    Yup that turned out awesome. I loved that part in the movie

    (I even thought of making a map out of it when I saw the movie)

  • AdamBrome
    • January 5, 2007 at 4:03 PM
    • #7
    Quote from L4zy

    We all love cgtextures... Nice render though.

    Don't we though? I also love my camera, my own reference images, and other texture sites I'll thank onces its 'done done'.

    Thanks guys!

  • D3ads
    • January 5, 2007 at 5:52 PM
    • #8

    I really like that!

  • FrieChamp
    • January 5, 2007 at 6:21 PM
    • #9

    Saving polies is good, but the damaged pillar on the right should really get a few more..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™