1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Anti-Virus

  • MrH2o
  • July 26, 2004 at 12:44 PM
  • MrH2o
    • July 26, 2004 at 12:44 PM
    • #1

    Can somone tell me a GOOD, FREE anti virus program. Its for a comp running 2000 and the user isnt a big surfer, so it dosent have to be anything fancy. Thank you

  • insta
    • July 26, 2004 at 12:49 PM
    • #2

    http://%7boption%7d

    Best free one there is, as far as I know.

  • Mazy
    • July 26, 2004 at 1:59 PM
    • #3

    kaspersky

  • NotDuffy
    • July 26, 2004 at 8:14 PM
    • #4

    ive been antivirus/firewall free for 4+ years

    surf smart and you shall win!

    (at my school we use pcillin, works ok i guess for a free version)

  • cyberjunkie
    • July 26, 2004 at 9:01 PM
    • #5

    I heard a lot about this new av called NOD32. http://%7boption%7d Supposed to be quite effective and light on the system. I don't use a Anti Virus myself . I haven't used one in ages. Maybe around '94 - '95 I probably had F-PROT with me LOL. for zee floppies D:

  • madcow
    • July 27, 2004 at 1:49 AM
    • #6

    i use AVG - http://www.grisoft.com - it works

  • OL
    • July 27, 2004 at 2:07 AM
    • #7

    if you dont use antivirus you have viruses on your computer.

    trust me

  • KidDynamite
    • July 27, 2004 at 2:11 AM
    • #8

    Don't use windows.

  • NotDuffy
    • July 27, 2004 at 3:09 AM
    • #9

    go back to slashdot KD

  • GrayFox
    • July 27, 2004 at 7:11 AM
    • #10
    Quote from OL

    if you dont use antivirus you have viruses on your computer.trust me

  • Zazi
    • July 27, 2004 at 7:21 AM
    • #11

    http://%7boption%7d

  • NotDuffy
    • July 27, 2004 at 12:25 PM
    • #12

    narp, no viruses

    you're all just suckers of the norton age oMAI!?LM~

  • cyberjunkie
    • July 27, 2004 at 3:38 PM
    • #13

    Trust me , No Viruses I do use some spyware detectors like Spybot once in a month or so ~_~ to see if I caught something. Opera all the time now, so nothing in the past few months. The last time , my old ISP forced me to use antivirus cause they said they installed firewalls and blocked all our ports because of viruses blah blah. So I decided to install one which my ISP recommended on my machine after 2 years. I installed it ran it, 0 viruses, uninstalled it. That installation like the one 2 years back lasted 30 minutes. The last big disaster was with Blaster. I got it at night, removed it manually. Downloaded the patches for XP , next morning I got the removal tool too to make sure it was gone. No Biggy :roll:

  • FrieChamp
    • July 27, 2004 at 4:03 PM
    • #14

    I have never had big problems with viruses and adware. I got the new norton internet security at the end of last year, that means a virus program and a firewall, because I thought "you never know" and with all these viruses/worms becoming smarter...So extra protection and still no problems, until my comp started to act weirdly, a few months ago. I downloaded adaware and spysweeper and fixed the problem. I found various adware....Well, after a few weeks my comp started to reboot once or twice a day, the taskbar turned grey and 3 seconds later it rebooted. I added spybot to my adware protection tool collection, updated norton, ran all the progs, didn't find anything.

    Since last week, after 30-60 minutes the CPU works 100% and everything is becoming really slow until you can't do anything else but reboot. Still nothing found by the tools.

    I did format:c and reinstalled everything, that helped. But this is a lesson to me and should be a lesson to you too kids! That shit must have eaten itself so deep in my system that i couldn't remove it anymore.

    Don't go out surfing without updated anti-virus progs and frequent adware cleans, because you don't believe what crap is flying on your HD while visiting casual websites!

    Oh, and safer-sex only plz.

  • GrayFox
    • July 27, 2004 at 5:39 PM
    • #15

    Amen to that... the exact same thing happened to me.

  • FrieChamp
    • July 27, 2004 at 5:59 PM
    • #16

    So you got the green, little gremlins dancing on your taskbar too? :-o

  • GrayFox
    • July 27, 2004 at 6:56 PM
    • #17

    Ok, not the exact same thing...

  • KidDynamite
    • July 27, 2004 at 9:47 PM
    • #18
    Quote from NotDuffy

    go back to slashdot KD

    just leave duffy i don't care where you go. <3 btw i dislike slashdot thank you very much.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™