1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Hammer opening a map, but having problems with the 3d view?

  • ⌐■_■
  • August 22, 2006 at 7:50 PM
  • ⌐■_■
    • August 22, 2006 at 7:50 PM
    • #1

    Hello thar people,

    I lately had to reformat my good ole HDD and after installing steam and the sdk I tried opening one of my old .vmf's again. Thats where the problem turned up. Here's a screenshot:

    [Blocked Image: http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/8116/image1lm2.jpg]

    Those two stripes are the only things I see. Whatever I change or do in the 3d window.

    Anybody knows how to solve this?

    ~ tomatoz

  • Warby
    • August 22, 2006 at 7:54 PM
    • #2

    where it says camera in the top left click on it change it to something else for example "2d top" and than back to "3d textured" ! worked for me ^^ and tha bajo smiley !

  • ⌐■_■
    • August 22, 2006 at 8:16 PM
    • #3

    Nope. Didn't for me..

    Any other suggestions?

  • Bic-B@ll
    • August 22, 2006 at 10:01 PM
    • #4

    what warby said works for me

  • twiz
    • August 22, 2006 at 10:59 PM
    • #5

    What I do is click the camera tool, and click-drag in a 2d viewport(like you were aiming the camera). That jump starts the 3d view for me.

  • ⌐■_■
    • August 23, 2006 at 1:16 AM
    • #6

    Thanks Twiz, that worked! Do I have to do this every time now? Never had anything like this before..

  • twiz
    • August 23, 2006 at 2:33 AM
    • #7

    I'm not sure... it seems if I load a saved map, it doesn't havet his problem, but if i start a new one, I have to do the click drag thing.

  • Defrag
    • August 23, 2006 at 9:40 AM
    • #8

    Ctrl-shift-e usually works if placing a camera doesn't

  • ⌐■_■
    • August 23, 2006 at 10:43 AM
    • #9

    This is all pretty valuable information. Is there a site wich has all this type of know-how's listed or so?

  • hessi
    • August 23, 2006 at 12:45 PM
    • #10
    Quote from killertomato

    This is all pretty valuable information. Is there a site wich has all this type of know-how's listed or so?

    yes, http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Main_Page

  • ⌐■_■
    • August 23, 2006 at 9:59 PM
    • #11

    That was not what I meant, but thanks for your effort...

    Also, adjusting the gridlines witht the [ and ] button doesn't work good either. I have to press the buttons like 20 - 30 times before it starts working. Might this be a known bug too? Perhaps anybody has an answer to this too?

  • Defrag
    • August 23, 2006 at 10:21 PM
    • #12

    No idea but it works fine for me

    Are you zoomed in far enough? Sometimes, for me, if I'm zoomed out quite far or to a certain level, the grid will change but the lines won't.

  • ⌐■_■
    • August 23, 2006 at 10:22 PM
    • #13

    Yeah, that's what I have too, very ocasionally.

  • Polaris
    • August 23, 2006 at 10:23 PM
    • #14

    I read having a camera placed somewhere in your level helps.

    They seem to be pretty useful so I guess I'll do so anyway

    This is the only real problem I've ever had with Hammer

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™