1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

mirroring terrain in unrealed

  • von*ferret
  • May 22, 2005 at 10:36 PM
  • von*ferret
    • May 22, 2005 at 10:36 PM
    • #1

    I need to mirror terrain in unreal ed, if somone has a SOLUTION, not an IDEA i'd like to hear it. I"ve exausted all of my ideas to get a result and my project desperately requires me to mirror the terrain. Thanks

  • von*ferret
    • May 22, 2005 at 10:44 PM
    • #2

    It does but when I export the heightmap it becomes corrupted and loses half its detail. DOnt even ASK how that happened cause I have _no_ idea. Wtf huh? Zazi threw that idea at me however it didn't work cause of that reason. I am SOOOO screwed lol.

    I tried mirroring it through the terrain actor but it reversed the normals, and when I reversed them back with the "invert" option it reversed the faces but you fell through the terrain and got stuck under it. Ie: the collision hull was opposite the actual terrain.

  • DaanO
    • May 22, 2005 at 11:54 PM
    • #3

    I do not really have an idea but what i would do is contact Hourences. He's the most experienced ut mapper i can think of. You're probably in a hurry and he doesn't look here all too often so try to get a hold of him. Good luck anyway

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™