1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

[CS:GO] De_Dynasty

  • kinggambit
  • June 1, 2015 at 8:08 PM
  • kinggambit
    • June 1, 2015 at 8:08 PM
    • #1

    Workshop page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=453634612

    Update notes: Feel free to criticize EVERYTHING! Gotta polish up the map before November!

    Version b2 (Oct 25, 2015):

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/643246305001112419/203D81A84E722B57769A1E94C0BFCFE61AB74419/]

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/643246305001110781/36F7B3BC3719E415F85026556FB241B91BB9EAD9/]


    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/643246305001109980/A3203AB6094034C1E08456BB12919C40CCB91483/]

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/643246305001112701/1A514CF9EBCBDDD04F00507C5C1FE6A4A89A82F7/]

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/643246305001113742/11091F7574533D5005A3F69648FE0FB94F95695C/]

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/643246305001112129/39712EF64113E6366B87BCE9D542BF9FFB559E5C/]

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/695032539013316198/A914E1E327B6BD702BDB110A4C45F2EAA2508ABF/]

    (radar needs to be updated; minor changes)

  • RivFader
    • June 1, 2015 at 11:16 PM
    • #2

    Looks great, can you put up a workshop link?

  • kinggambit
    • June 2, 2015 at 2:27 AM
    • #3
    Quote from RivFader

    Looks great, can you put up a workshop link?

    yea sure, updated with a link!

  • Vaya
    • June 2, 2015 at 9:25 AM
    • #4

    Still looks so dark. (I remember the playtest for this one- turned into a shitshow of people trying to out do each other for dank dark memes)

    What time of day are you going with the skybox? I don't the light_environment is matching it just now.

  • kinggambit
    • June 2, 2015 at 10:30 AM
    • #5
    Quote from Vaya

    Still looks so dark. (I remember the playtest for this one- turned into a shitshow of people trying to out do each other for dank dark memes)

    What time of day are you going with the skybox? I don't the light_environment is matching it just now.

    I think it might be that I have high brightness on my monitor/game setting. I had no idea it was dark at all. To be hohnest, it still looks fine to me from my computer but I cranked up the ambient brightness in the latest build and added some more lights.

    The skybox is just a template for now. I'm planning on making my own skybox once I can get the color scheme and mood of the level down.

    I'm still experimenting on the time of day. I tried out morning and evening but I've been trying to commit to a rainy setting (so no direct sunlight, just ambient dull color) like this:

    [Blocked Image: http://hikecampandtravel.com/south-korea/seoraksan-national-park-01.jpg]

    The build in the screenshots had ~700 for the ambient brightness value. I guess I should try cranking it up a bit more

  • Vaya
    • June 2, 2015 at 10:40 AM
    • #6

    hmmm. I think you might have it too high. with HDR the higher your brightness is the darker the level is.


    Test with the default settings for that skybox:


    Example MapIdeal Sun AngleIdeal Sun PitchIdeal BrightnessIdeal AmbienceIdeal Directional AngleIdeal Directional PitchIdeal Directional Brightness de_aztec 0 315 0 -48 247 232 202 400 202 216 219 200 -90 40 315 0 202 216 219 80

  • Vaya
    • June 2, 2015 at 10:41 AM
    • #7

    rip formatting:

    https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Sky_List#…lobal_Offensive

  • Th3_RuN
    • June 6, 2015 at 9:13 PM
    • #8

    Hi, that's one sick map you got there. So I tested the map, and I really liked it, I loved the nades/flashes you could throw.

    I only have one "suggestion" : That spot on the pic I think might be a little too OP, but otherwise it's a nice spot.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™