1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Independently taught, suggestions for "learning cirriculum"?

  • kinggambit
  • April 7, 2015 at 10:56 AM
  • kinggambit
    • April 7, 2015 at 10:56 AM
    • #1

    It's been almost 1.5 years now for me since I started to pursue environment art/level design. I set a goal of 2 years to build a solid portfolio...


    I have a part-time job and some support from my family which leaves me enough time to learn, but I don't think I've learned as much as I should have in that time on my own.


    I think part of the problem is that I'm split between level design and environment art. Can't figure out how to commit to one...


    Anyway, I'd definitely appreciate some advice. I wanna hurry up and actually get out of this damn pipe dream phase!

  • tomm
    • April 7, 2015 at 11:09 AM
    • #2

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/9b8vMYp.jpg]


    no, but seriously.. I think you should focus on one area. It's great to know a little bit of everything, but you should also try to master something.


    (bear in mind that I'm not a pro and I'm not in the industry so I probably shouldn't even be giving advice)

  • 2d-chris
    • April 7, 2015 at 11:41 PM
    • #3

    Either, you can change at a later time in your career if it's not moving in the direction that keeps you interested/excited.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™