1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

[CS:GO] de_dprk

  • Captrthebag
  • February 1, 2015 at 8:51 PM
  • Captrthebag
    • February 1, 2015 at 8:51 PM
    • #1

    Hello, I'm new to the forum, but not necessarily mapmaking. Five or six years ago I created a few amateur maps that never saw the light of day, I had a blast learning and creating and that's what I hope to accomplish today.


    My concept is make a Pyongyang, North Korea map for CS:GO, that pivots around two residential highrises. The hermit nation's architecture with the sort-of-symmetry accompanied by faded/dirtied pastels and concrete is beyond fascinating. Not to mention, the current political environment puts on this facade of a healthy, thriving nation while its inhabitants suffer in many forms. This video is a glimpse of that facade:


    flow-motion vid


    and a few images of interest, scroll through


    DPRK photos


    So I ask of you, do you feel this is something you would like to see in a CS:GO map? The architechture is bland, but with the right layout I feel it could be unique and tactical. I would work to keep the open areas to a minimum, creating some lanes and variance in height. Just looking for some advise before I approach this.


    I graphed out a rough layout, but it is an eye-bleed, so will put this up here when it looks decent. Thanks yo, sorry there is no eye-candy to accompany this post.

  • El_Exodus
    • February 1, 2015 at 10:05 PM
    • #2

    The location might ne nice ingame, but your layout should be fine before you start detailing the map. So don't be shy and create your first layout and playtest it. It doesn't matter if it's just a greybox or not. Have a look at it yourself at first, with bots, and if you're happy with the layout, use the Mapcore Playtest Service.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™