1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

[max5] can't access render menu

  • Acumen
  • January 27, 2005 at 1:05 PM
  • Acumen
    • January 27, 2005 at 1:05 PM
    • #1

    so yesterday another genius thing happened to me. I was just about to render this character model but I couldn't "find" the render menu. It's sooo weird. I can access all the other menus like "Materials" and stuff. So no matter whether I click the F10 key or just click on "Render" in the menu I cannot see the render dialog. I resetted the UI and it's still not there. So right now I think I either clicked a key that somehow "locked" this render dialog or made it somewhat "invisible"

    Or another thing that I could imagine, that I somehow managed to simply move this menu out of the screen.

    So I really hope that someone can help me out there, it's really weird to not being able to render anymore, except from the F9 Quick Render function.

    Really weird to not have this menu on the screen. Maybe there really is some weird shortcut that can reset the menu position or anything. I don't know

  • marque_pierre
    • January 27, 2005 at 1:17 PM
    • #2

    Wow! I have never heard that before! You reset the gui, did you delete that .ini file manually, which will reset ALL your settings?

  • Acumen
    • January 27, 2005 at 1:41 PM
    • #3

    I don't know why I'm always messing things up like that in Max.

    Some weird talent or something.

    But thank god, your tip with deleting the ini-file worked. \o/

    Thank you sooo much. On the next start the render dialog was totally on the right side but I could grab it and re-center it to the screen. Now I can continue working. *wuhu*

    thanks again ^^

  • marque_pierre
    • January 27, 2005 at 3:51 PM
    • #4

    Yeah that delete .ini file thing resets EVERYTHING completely, and max will then generate a new standard .ini file. Also a good way to transport your settings around with you...

  • Acumen
    • January 27, 2005 at 4:35 PM
    • #5

    hehe, alright. Though I didn't really customize Max that much.

    If I should ever be bored again, I'll try to copy&paste my old settings back and forth to see, what was wrong but I don't think that'll happen in this decade

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™