1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Any recommendations for a standing desk?

  • Jonny Phive
  • May 29, 2014 at 7:22 PM
  • Jonny Phive
    • May 29, 2014 at 7:22 PM
    • #1

    I have recently had more intense back and neck issues. Most likely my work posture... I went to a chiropractor to get adjusted so that has been helping, but I want to convert to a standing desk.. I used some boxes and things to make a make-shift standing desk but after half a day of standing my feet end up super sore. I read that going to a sitting workstation near the end of the day is recommended since standing all day can be just as bad as sitting.. So I figure eventually it would be nice to purchase a desk that can easily adjust between levels. Anyone experience these issues and have any recommendations?

  • AlexM
    • May 29, 2014 at 8:55 PM
    • #2

    I dont have experience with that but I just built a standing desk out of cinder blocks.


    I have this chair with the ability to be insanely tall. That works quite well if you don't mind sitting about 5-6 feet in the air.

  • ChopperDave
    • May 29, 2014 at 10:18 PM
    • #3

    It could be posture, but it could also be a shitty desk chair. What kind of chair are you using?

  • FMPONE
    • May 29, 2014 at 10:54 PM
    • #4

    Chair quality is huge. Had to buy a new one recently

  • Sentura
    • May 29, 2014 at 11:44 PM
    • #5

    I stand up for most of my workday usually, I make exceptions only if I push myself in exercise somehow. The first two days I tried were terrible, but after that I adjusted fine for the next two months. Around that mark I started feeling a bit of knee pain so I went to my doc and he basically told me "oh lol concrete floor + sneakers = no go, get better shoes or a carpet." So yeah, that's my current knowledge.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™