1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

TS & CS_normandin

  • the Carpenter
  • January 2, 2005 at 6:23 AM
  • the Carpenter
    • January 2, 2005 at 6:23 AM
    • #1

    Released a while ago, but I'm new to these forums, so here ya go.

    I plan on doing a convert to CSS.

    TS_NORMANDIN

    CS_NORMANDIN

    [Blocked Image: http://www.accesscomm.ca/users/endo/tsn01.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.accesscomm.ca/users/endo/tsn02.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.accesscomm.ca/users/endo/tsn03.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.accesscomm.ca/users/endo/tsn04.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.accesscomm.ca/users/endo/tsn05.jpg]

    TS_NORMANDIN

    CS_NORMANDIN

  • st0lve
    • January 2, 2005 at 12:24 PM
    • #2

    OLD! D:

    No hehe

    Its the only decent school map out there.

    Hai carp.

  • Nazul
    • January 2, 2005 at 12:51 PM
    • #3

    i saw this map when u only had the outside part with the trees / bushes on cs.net , i think that's the best part of it ,nice and clean

  • Fruchtzwerg
    • January 2, 2005 at 2:38 PM
    • #4

    Very empty.

  • the Carpenter
    • January 2, 2005 at 7:09 PM
    • #5

    11638 exposed brush faces is empty ?

    heh heh

    I suppose you go to one of those crate filled schools, right ?

    What's really laying about in your schoolyard or in the halls ?

    C'mon ... hehehehe.

  • insta
    • January 2, 2005 at 7:45 PM
    • #6

    Looks very very very flat, and quite empty as well.

    I'm guessing you built it based on a real-life structure, but the only people that will recognize that is the people that have seen it in real life. The rest of the world will think the map is quite mediocre, because theres just nothing really cool to see...

  • mike-0
    • January 2, 2005 at 10:20 PM
    • #7

    Very good compared to other school maps. my concern, however, is TS gameplay. Long halls suck in TS.

  • Duff-e
    • January 2, 2005 at 10:49 PM
    • #8

    wow is that your school? you must live in the fucking suburbs of the suburbs or some shit

    in nyc if they put a bookcase in the hallway there would literally be bags of shit there within a week

  • Marcos
    • January 2, 2005 at 11:58 PM
    • #9

    I think the textures is what hurts this map the most.

    They are pretty undetailed and bland, giving the whole map a booring look.

    And the hallways size looks abit wrong.. Especialy in 3th pic where the roof is low and the hallway pretty wide

  • the Carpenter
    • January 3, 2005 at 5:59 AM
    • #10
    Quote from DUFFY

    wow is that your school? you must live in the fucking suburbs of the suburbs or some shitin nyc if they put a bookcase in the hallway there would literally be bags of shit there within a week

    No, I'm 34 years old.

    It was based loosely on a middle school in New Bedford, MA.

  • Rubbish
    • January 5, 2005 at 2:20 AM
    • #11

    lotsa square brushwork, empty areas and bland textures don't help this map.

    i like the bush/tree things though.

  • Duff-e
    • January 5, 2005 at 3:10 AM
    • #12

    you're 34....wow

    kids, wife, rich?

  • RD
    • January 5, 2005 at 2:26 PM
    • #13

    cool theme

  • tnoh
    • January 8, 2005 at 12:22 AM
    • #14
    Quote from RD

    cool theme

    it always pisses some people off :wink:

  • the Carpenter
    • January 8, 2005 at 5:53 AM
    • #15
    Quote from DUFFY

    you're 34....wowkids, wife, rich?

    Yes ... 34.

    No.

    No.

    &

    No.

    I live with my long term girl in a middle class apartment building.

    We have fish.

    She's a student.

    I work in the movie industry.

    I used to be a rock star.

    There ya have it.

  • Taylor Swift
    • January 8, 2005 at 12:38 PM
    • #16

    everything what is half life 1 now is old, so i leave it behind.

  • mike-0
    • January 8, 2005 at 5:09 PM
    • #17

    I still might map for old hl1 mods, like TS and NS. There is a TS map contest going on right now, which im thinking about doing, but i dont like the theme (movies).

  • the Carpenter
    • January 10, 2005 at 12:21 AM
    • #18
    Quote from Nz-Nexus

    everything what is half life 1 now is old, so i leave it behind.

    Not in my opinion.

    I plan on expanding on the map.

    I can build a world around it now,

    rather than elude to it with brick walls,

    distant alpha tex trees & corners to nowhere.

    Stay with us here.

  • st0lve
    • January 10, 2005 at 8:31 AM
    • #19

    I just figured out that I love HL, and HL2 is boring atm.

    D:!

  • the Carpenter
    • January 28, 2005 at 5:02 AM
    • #20

    Not sure I'd go that far, but I still enjoy a lot of HL mods.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™