1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

CryEngine tech demo

  • Minos
  • December 8, 2004 at 7:30 AM
  • Minos
    • December 8, 2004 at 7:30 AM
    • #1

    I know thats already 1 month old but its still impressive. I didn't know the cryengine could be that good, crytek is doing a really great work on this.

    http://www.ati.com/gitg/promotions/crytek/index.html

  • JynxDaddy
    • December 8, 2004 at 7:42 AM
    • #2

    I want an ati jetski

    cool video~

  • ShaDoW
    • December 8, 2004 at 7:45 AM
    • #3

    Thats great stuff! Haven't seen the video before, just screenshots.

  • FrieChamp
    • December 8, 2004 at 8:40 AM
    • #4

  • Mazy
    • December 8, 2004 at 10:01 AM
    • #5

    already saw it, nice stuff on my home computer~

  • GrayFox
    • December 8, 2004 at 1:18 PM
    • #6

    I don't want to make a new thread because of this so I'll post it here:

    I started downloading the Crytek Demo exe file and after a while I decided to cancel it because I didn't have the time to dl it. The problem is that the unfinished file is now on my desktop and I can't delete it. I've tried through DOS-prompt without results. It just sais that it may already be in use by another program.

    I know this isn't a big problem but I appreciate it if someone comes up with a solution.

  • Spellbinder
    • December 8, 2004 at 1:38 PM
    • #7
    Quote from GrayFox

    I don't want to make a new thread because of this so I'll post it here:I started downloading the Crytek Demo exe file and after a while I decided to cancel it because I didn't have the time to dl it. The problem is that the unfinished file is now on my desktop and I can't delete it. I've tried through DOS-prompt without results. It just sais that it may already be in use by another program.

    I know this isn't a big problem but I appreciate it if someone comes up with a solution.

    This right out of my head so.......

    If windows says it use it, try to shot down one process at a time when you ctrl+alt+del.

    Its good if you got some knowledge of what the different process does and there is a site where you could read about almost any process and what it means. ( site: http://%7boption%7d )

    At least they should have all $nicrosoft´s process there.

    Try to delete the file after each process you turn off.

    This is what i got in my head right now.

    But i think i read something about it and if lucky i might find it again.

    oh another thing to try which i think should solve it.

    Try press F8 while booting, go into safe mode, delete file, to bad they got DOS mode out with xp

    Spellbinder.

  • KungFuSquirrel
    • December 8, 2004 at 2:48 PM
    • #8

    One of the more recent additions to our staff is Max Aristov, who was (if I recall correctly) lead artist on this production. Frie, did you ever meet him, or did he leave before you started?

  • JynxDaddy
    • December 8, 2004 at 2:49 PM
    • #9

    http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freew ... cexp.shtml

    search for a handle, that is the filename, then just kill either the program or the 'attachment to the file' if its explorer.exe or something important.

  • st0lve
    • December 8, 2004 at 2:52 PM
    • #10

    Nice shizzle.

  • Section_Ei8ht
    • December 8, 2004 at 3:48 PM
    • #11

    wasnt the boat called the Medusa in the game?

  • FrieChamp
    • December 8, 2004 at 4:06 PM
    • #12

    KFS: Yeah he was the lead artist on FarCry, but I've never met him. He left before I started here.

  • Spellbinder
    • December 8, 2004 at 6:53 PM
    • #13

    Scary...

    Never seen anything like it.

    Spellbinder.

  • GrayFox
    • December 8, 2004 at 10:37 PM
    • #14
    Quote from JynxDaddy

    http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/procexp.shtmlsearch for a handle, that is the filename, then just kill either the program or the 'attachment to the file' if its explorer.exe or something important.

    That helped. Thanks a bunch.

  • Izuno
    • December 9, 2004 at 1:52 AM
    • #15

    technologically very nice.

    only wish they actually had good writing and directing...cause it's utter garbage in this one.

    still, this video proves you can do good stuff in the engine.

  • Kedhrin
    • December 9, 2004 at 2:27 AM
    • #16

    now how often have i stated how sexy the cryengine is

  • Algor
    • December 9, 2004 at 6:41 AM
    • #17

    Far Cry in itself was extremely impressive, yet this takes the cake.

    I love the focus blur deal.

  • jayrabbit
    • December 9, 2004 at 12:07 PM
    • #18

    how should the water look like?

    i only see a transparent blue texture. i guess the shader doesn't work. i have a geforce 6800gt - directx 9 of course - so i don't understand why it does not work?!

    by the way the engine looks fantastic but the story is so stereotyped...

  • FrieChamp
    • December 9, 2004 at 12:34 PM
    • #19

    It's an alternative intro for FarCry and a "tech demo", so you shouldn't expect an oscar winning storyline (last time I checked the plots of the 3dmark benchmarks weren't that amazing either).

    The story for FarCry was indeed rather weak though.

  • jayrabbit
    • December 9, 2004 at 12:52 PM
    • #20

    Next time i expect a Palme d'Or of Cannes winning story.

    ...and more chicks in thongs!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™