1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

How to move model from Max2011 to Max9?

  • mjens
  • July 21, 2010 at 3:14 AM
  • mjens
    • July 21, 2010 at 3:14 AM
    • #1

    Hi,

    I need some help with moving model (with mapping, materials and so on) from Max 2011 to Max 9. FBX isn't working, they modified that format so older apps can't read it... Any other ideas?

  • Em'
    • July 21, 2010 at 10:46 AM
    • #2
    Quote from seir

    Hi,I need some help with moving model (with mapping, materials and so on) from Max 2011 to Max 9. FBX isn't working, they modified that format so older apps can't read it... Any other ideas?

    OBJ can keep UVmapping and material, it must work, neh ?

    Not sure but you can try. Bones are skipped and modifier are collapsed, I think... Not sure for the bones :-|

  • mjens
    • July 21, 2010 at 2:57 PM
    • #3

    I'll check it today at home. Thanks for info!

  • -HP-
    • July 21, 2010 at 3:49 PM
    • #4

    FBX is the most worthless format ever! Just stay away from it!

    I'd try asking this in Polycount, I'm sure you'll get a better response that mine, but if it was me, I would just export to OBJ.

  • ElectroSheep
    • July 21, 2010 at 5:17 PM
    • #5

    For all I know, OBJ work or a lot of thing, max downgrade including, I saw just some smoothing group issue when you make a 3ds => maya export.

  • e-freak
    • July 21, 2010 at 8:47 PM
    • #6

    OBJ is the easiest way but doesn't give you animations and riggs. go with fbx or collada. though FBX with patching max 9 to 2009.3 FBX format and using the converter tools on the autodesk FBX page works for me in MOST of the cases.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™