1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Fallout 3 50% off STEAM.

  • Bunglo
  • June 11, 2010 at 4:12 AM
  • Bunglo
    • June 11, 2010 at 4:12 AM
    • #1

    Hey everyone, just thought I'd give a heads up that Steam is doing a sale for some Bethesda games, including Fallout 3 GOTY Ed.

    I've been mauling over if I should purchase it or not since Christmas but I was always waiting for a good sale to slash the price down a bit. Now that it's only $25, I'd purchase it in a second, my only problem is it includes GFWL I'm against most forms of DRM or similar software, but as long as it stays the hell out of my way and I have control over it, I accept it. Like with securom for bad company 2.

    For those who have this edition from Steam, is GFWL a big pain in the ass, or should I stop being a whiny b**ch and buy the game already?

    DAAANKS!

  • AlexM
    • June 11, 2010 at 6:08 PM
    • #2

    bought!

    I always said I would buy this after all the DLC is out and it's on some sort of sale. That day was yesterday

    EDIT : Crap I didnt realize it has GFWL. How bad is GFWL? It's not gonna be a process that's always running is it?

  • Zyn
    • June 12, 2010 at 12:23 AM
    • #3

    I would never buy thOH GOD 50% OFF? I'LL TAKE TWENTY! Downloading...

  • Bunglo
    • June 12, 2010 at 4:15 AM
    • #4
    Quote from SpicyTanuki

    EDIT : Crap I didnt realize it has GFWL. How bad is GFWL? It's not gonna be a process that's always running is it?

    I don't think it's always running but from what I'm reading, the GOTY edition isn't too bad because you only have to deal with GFWL a few times.

    Please let me know if it's giving you any trouble, I'm still really interesting in buying the game.

  • AlexM
    • June 12, 2010 at 5:27 AM
    • #5

    hahah I bought it knowing I wouldnt have time for it but what the hell? I'll give a quick download and bootup and see how GFWL works out.

    If you dont hear from me for months you know what happened :megaman:

  • AlexM
    • June 12, 2010 at 5:31 AM
    • #6
    Quote from Zyndrome

    I would never buy thOH GOD 50% OFF? I'LL TAKE TWENTY! Downloading...

    Stop reading my mind.

  • Bunglo
    • June 12, 2010 at 5:44 AM
    • #7

    Yeah, I just bought it

    Downloading now, I figured I'd buy it eventually, GFWL can't be that bad as it's really only used for online play for this game... I hope.

  • AlexM
    • June 12, 2010 at 9:46 AM
    • #8
    Quote from Bunglo

    Yeah, I just bought it Downloading now, I figured I'd buy it eventually, GFWL can't be that bad as it's really only used for online play for this game... I hope.

    If they try to charge me 50$ I'm gonna bust a nut

  • AlexM
    • June 12, 2010 at 10:53 AM
    • #9

    ok so here's the deal

    It's essentially non-invasive and I have no qualms about it. UNLESS it is the reason that my mouse and keyboard immediately got disabled because I had an xbox360 controller plugged into the USB port.

    Otherwise this game is freakin awesome and I made a huge mistkae buying it for that reason

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™