1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

How long can YOU work?

  • von*ferret
  • October 7, 2004 at 1:03 AM
  • von*ferret
    • October 7, 2004 at 1:03 AM
    • #1

    How long have you worked straight? 0

    1. 5 or less hours (0) 0%
    2. 5-8 hours (0) 0%
    3. 8-10 hours (0) 0%
    4. 11-14 hours (0) 0%

    How long have you worked straight without being forced to. For instance being forced to work 8 hours a day at your job wont count. How long have YOU forced YOURSELF to work straight on a project?

    I myself am moving onto 11 hours today working on my f'ing board game project. I hate illustrator like no one knows.

  • Taylor
    • October 7, 2004 at 1:14 AM
    • #2

    I don't have that kind of dedication.

  • Section_Ei8ht
    • October 7, 2004 at 1:18 AM
    • #3

    19. It was crunch time on a web design project.

    [Edit] That was without a bathroom or food break, too. Didn't even notice until I noticed the time.

  • OL
    • October 7, 2004 at 1:20 AM
    • #4

    5-8 if im really into it

    once i get bored and have to force myself, things get sloppy

  • tnoh
    • October 7, 2004 at 9:08 AM
    • #5

    2002 I was working at the local theater - building sets and acting. Few times I worked 16 hour days. It did not matter so much because it was fun :wink:

  • Mazy
    • October 7, 2004 at 9:30 AM
    • #6

    Had a school project where I got like 5 days to do the entire thing, and since I was a bit (alot) behind around the time where i only had 2 days left, then i worked for like 13-14 hours straight. Sucked bigtime, but thankfully we didnt have any school on the monday after that, so I could sleep all weekend

    Anyway, when we go into the crunch at work then I guess ill get up on the 10+ hours of work :G

  • kleinluka
    • October 7, 2004 at 2:17 PM
    • #7

    ~20 hours, a couple years ago when i was making these cheesy racing game textures =/

  • Urban
    • October 7, 2004 at 4:24 PM
    • #8

    i have an attention span of about 30 minutes..

  • The Postman
    • October 7, 2004 at 4:53 PM
    • #9

    All of us Gearbox folks (past and present) have probably pulled up the numbers for the "11-14" section.

  • st0lve
    • October 7, 2004 at 5:03 PM
    • #10

    I've skateboarded for 13 hours (but hey, thats with pauses since we are lazy bums)..

    Most is prolly 5-7 hours.

  • zaphod
    • October 7, 2004 at 6:25 PM
    • #11

    I'll vote 11-14, just beacuse there are no larger options.

  • Izuno
    • October 7, 2004 at 7:00 PM
    • #12
    Quote from The Postman

    All of us Gearbox folks (past and present) have probably pulled up the numbers for the "11-14" section.

    i think anyone in crunch time on a product about to ship has done that.

  • teeluu
    • October 7, 2004 at 9:41 PM
    • #13

    last summer i mapped about 19 hours in a row, i was pretty tired after that :-o

  • RD
    • October 7, 2004 at 9:58 PM
    • #14

    i dug a trenchcomplex in 14hrs

  • TomWithTheWeather
    • October 7, 2004 at 10:04 PM
    • #15

    I pulled a 42 hour work day before UT2k4 went gold. I slept damn good when I finally got the chance.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™