Welcome to the New Forums!!

Mojo

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it rather confusing all. Apart from the avatars on the right, I also find the colors to be too white and with too little contrast. It is hard seeing the difference between two posts for me. Minus the bold titles everytime, It all looks like one big reply to me. But yeah, default theme :)

Is there anything more planned for Mapcore apart from the forum upgrade we are all looking at?

No. This upgrade was done out of necessity; our version was very old and could be hacked. It was so old that the custom theme could not possibly be re-used.

And I don't see how it can all look like one big post. Are you on an old CRT monitor or something that can't pick out all these lovely blues? There's quite a distinct difference to my eyes. :oops:

As for the overall style, I'm all for customising it a bit (although I think the core design is really nice). Not like that one you posted though HP, the background image and bevel border thing on that looks really iffy.

If the background of the posts could have more contrast, that would be nice. Every post has another background color now, if the two colors used could be slightly more different, or if there could be a line or some darker element in between two posts, it would help making it all look like seperate replies.

I use TFT's. Look at your screen from a distance, or squize your eyes. You really can't tell the difference between two posts like that

Props and big thanks to Mojo. I had worries that the mystery trojan took over the site completely when the forums were down yesterday and that it would take much longer until anyone starts with the update process - so this is a very nice surprise :)

If this document is still up to date, here is a list of features that the forum update should bring:

http://area51.phpbb.com/docs/features.html

Obviously there are still some things that aren't working yet. Most importantly, the frontpage isn't fully back up yet, which means there is no spotlight galery (which had problems before) and most importantly - the "There are X unread posts" link isn't showing up :fist::mad: I've always found that to come in really handy.

I'm not sure what the plan for the frontpage is tbh - do you want to restore it Mojo, or do some "changes" ?

As far as the design goes, I liked the custom buttons Mike did, maybe we can get something similar back. The user information/avatar being on the right of the post is the most confusing part to me as well, you got my vote for moving it back to the left.

We've looked into it Sentura, and we cannot find any evidence of a trojan or virus. Mojo has even installed a completely new version of the forums, which uses nothing from before. I tried using Google to track down anything matching the names of the trojans that people have posted and, again, nothing relevant turned up.

I still think it's a case of something in the code being similar to a recently recognised virus/trojan, and various anti-virus software picking it up as a result. However we can't know either way until people receiving the error provide much detail such as what exactly their virus scanner thinks is suspicious (Cookie? Part of the source code? Image?).

Nobody with the capacity to fix it can reproduce the problem so it's vital anyone getting the notifications provides as much detail as possible. :fist::D

Also while Mikezilla's buttons were OK, I think these new ones are better. :oops: I really do like this new phpBB 3 design in every way, and think all we need is a custom header and maybe some minor colour customisation (although we've always been blue anyway).

it confuses me, avatars on the right? that's like changing the toolbar to the right in Photoshop... handicaps the software (or just me)

Yes definitely ! Bring us back the old layout ! Please !

This is the default layout given with 3.0. I would try to update to make it friendlier but since it was 2am last night when I called it quits and I had to be to work in the morning. Also I wanted to have some life this weekend. :P

Is there anything more planned for Mapcore apart from the forum upgrade we are all looking at?

Nope, this is it. NOTHING FURTHER EVAR!!11

btw why is everyone a featured artist now?

It was a bug with how Featured Artist was handed out. It used to be given out to people in a certain group, but due to the conversion it was being given out to everyone not in a group already. I think I fixed that now.

• Mapcore Supporters

Funds go towards hosting and license costs, Discord server boosts, and more. If you'd like to donate, check out our Patreon announcement.