Some statics to sit on and some RTS buildings to look at

Acumen

hui, I'm done. My first finished skin. :)

Can't believe it took me the entire day to finish. My friend was like talking to me and telling me, he'd go and play some game, then he returned and told me an hour passed. And I had only finished one of those barrels in this hour. Wow, didn't know that it could take that long :D

rts_haus_final_render1.jpg

haus_skin_final1.jpg

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for all these comments guys. I think I learned a lot during the making of this building. The alpha thing, great idea, I just didn't think of that while modeling this building cause in the first place I wanted to make rooftiles not straw/hay, so I didn't think of that at all. But later when it came to skinning, I saw those screens from Anno3 and the Settlers 5 and thought, man, do the straw thing as well :)

But then the uvmap was already done; and I didn't wanna spend another day on this, so I decided to leave out the alpha thing.

Another thing I've learned is "don't give window in one floor different heights" that looks rather funny, when it comes to skinning, as you can see on the back of the house :/

Same goes for the door..

So next time, I'll do this kind of building I I get myself a concept, cause that was a mistake to not use one :( and I think about the skin first, then model it. ^^

I'm just happy I finally did a skin from start to end. I could not have asked for more :)

But for now, I'll stick with the modelling. Cause in no way, my skinning is somehow efficient. There's no relation between the quality of the skin and the time I spend on it...