Sign in to follow this  
[HP]

Promises in Crysis

Yeah i better be able to run that type of settings with my 8800 gtx tbh or somethings wrong.

But im glad i found the link as i was worried too about this topic.

Your resolution will be the biggest factor here.

I've got an 8800 GTX with an overclocked Q6600 (3GHz quad core) and 4GB of 800Hz RAM, and playing Crysis on 'Very High' at 1920x1200 will fuck me right down to about 13 fps.

If I lower it to 1680x1050 I get up to more like 20 fps, and going lower still continues the performance gains. A 'normal' resolution such as 1280x1024 is where the 8800 GTX shines, as it really can take pretty much anything at that point -- even Crysis.

The only feasible way I can see of getting it to run smoothly at high resolutions such as 1920x1200 and above is to go SLI, but that's a financial mine I'm not prepared to fall down. Especially not with new high-end NVIDIA cards due within half a year.

In a game that rests so heavily on the GPU like this, resolution is everything. And the sad reality is that every graphics card on the market today can't cope with Crysis at high resolutions.

I've got an 8800 GTX with an overclocked Q6600 (3GHz quad core) and 4GB of 800Hz RAM, and playing Crysis on 'Very High' at 1920x1200 will fuck me right down to about 13 fps.

:oops: Didn't know you had such a high end system getting run into the ground by crysis, damn. :oops:

Crysis seems to have allot of compatibility problems, yes it works, but there seems to be a random chance that it'll run on your system, even if said system is extremely high end. Two different machines with extremely similar hardware capacity seem to be getting completely different frame rates.

And fingers crossed its one of those strange games where the super high setting actually gives you better FPS (its happened to me before).

But are they are on the same resolution, Slick? Because as I've just pointed out, the difference between 1280x1024 and 1920x1200 can be over 30 fps.

It could also be drivers. I use the latest Crysis-optimised ones from NVIDIA (169.04), but a number of people probably aren't.

But are they are on the same resolution, Slick? Because as I've just pointed out, the difference between 1280x1024 and 1920x1200 can be over 30 fps.

It could also be drivers. I use the latest Crysis-optimised ones from NVIDIA (169.04), but a number of people probably aren't.

hmm with that driver, crysis Image Quality gets fucked over :D

(the reflections in the water are normally updated, lets say, once every three frames, now its doen once every 5 or 10 frames or so, which means that the reflections look really fucked up :P)

True, I didn't take that into consideration. Some people seem extremely adamant to have 100% highest settings and then complain when they cannot run them. Especially in a game like Crysis where it has tried to future-proof itself (as seen with these ultra settings).

Fucking Hell, I hope you moaning old men are satisfied now, you cannot have anymore complaints after seeing that... :o

ITS TOO REAL I DONT WANT RWEAL LLIFE GO BACK TO SPRIETSN AND MARIO PLUZ!