New PS3 TV spot campaign

Izuno

Gorgeous animations, seamless cuts, pulls you right in. Gives the watcher a good overview of the existing games and application palette the PS3 offers. Not saying that's a whole lot so far, but Drake's Fortune and Ratchet&Clank should be nice.

What's wrong with the 399$? Gets closer to the 360 price and is much better than the 599 or whatever it was before.

Touché, bad example. I actually haven’t downloaded the Crysis demo because I’m not going to be paying hundreds to play that and Unreal – which is kind of the perspective point I was going for. I note Nexus triumphantly spent almost the original price of the PS3 on two cards in off-topic.

One question i have is, are we ready start pulling for Sony? I don't mean that we have to pull for either 360 or Wii or PS3 or PC. What if all consoles and PC started doing well and more gamers entered the market, and more casual gamers started becoming "hardcore" or at least core enough to start respectfully appreciating high end titles that so many of us work on in one way or another? Remember all of our "omg why Sony?" conversations and such the last year or two? We had a lot of upset at Sony for the pricing and lack of good games, but as the price drops and the better games come out, are we ready to start hoping Sony does well? Doesn't 1st parties success mean, in general, a bigger better industry?

Or do we not feel that? How do you feel about that?

I don't think their 1st party lineup, in direct competition, has any chance of survival this holiday season, but its strong enough to move numbers. They're definitely still in a position where they're hardly the best choice for anyone want good games as their main priority (And those games on the same day as the 360).

I guess its okay when smaller studios delay titles for the PS3 in a few instances, but its come to the point where I'm almost impressed if a game manages to come out on 360 and PS3 on the same date, so many games slipping. Whats even more concerning is when someone like EA is having problems with it. That entire Madden 08 thing is just the worst case scenario for Sony, running at half the frame rate of the 360, and looking exactly the same. When they have the worst "next gen" version of a big seller like Madden then they really should put nearly everything they have into at least getting those big titles equalized to their competitors.

Anyway, it does feel like there are still major changes going through Sony and hopefully they'll only continue to make more sane decisions from now on. Although I feel that the 360 definitely deserves to win this generation (Its doing all the things I want right in a console), then its good for the entire industry that Sony gets out of their slumber and step up. If they ever deserved any overall support, now is the time.