mapCon: europe

Sentura

mapCon: europe : good idea?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. mapCon: europe : good idea?

• yes
    • no

i wouldnt say that bic. while it's true that europe is big, it isnt that hard to find and book a hostel or something together for say, 10 or 15 people. then find the nearest pub/bar and uh... start drinking :P

that being said, prices from denmark to both the uk and sweden are pretty low (i.e. £10-£20 for a return ticket). anyone else having prices from other destinations feel free to post them.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to write down a bunch of destinations and prices, until I discovered the "more offers" button on the airberlin website. The amount of offers is absolutely tremendous, even if just for airberlin, the cheapest one when flying from Germany (I think, I gotta check Ryanair later).

http://www.airberlin.com/site/index.php?LANG=eng

Just click on special offers, there are also more destinations than these 3 cities, but these ones are among the cheapest so we need to be realistic.

Ok, one problem with Airberlin seems to be that they don't fly on the weekend and "sometimes" Fridays and Mondays are extraordinarily expensive, which won't make finding a proper date any easier.

So far London Stansted seems to be the cheapest choice with most flights to me. Also - booze is cheaper than in Scandinavia which is to consider.

As far as accommodations go, I haven't made many experiences, but hostels tend to be a bit shit and hotels pricey in Britain's capital. :oops:

For a hotel near the center of london you can find them as cheap as £40 a night and if we go out in camden (we can easily book a couple of tables) drinks arent all that bad.

Maybe someone from each country (city) should do some research and put the average cost together as were more like to know which is a good or bad hotel/pub...tbh i'd like to get out from London...seen it already..bored :)

http://www.expedia.co.uk good site btw~

Or we could hold another poll for the destination...

What 'bout Frankfurt am Main? Crytek is in Frankfurt and Germany still has the best beer of them all. Frankfurt Hahn is still a very cheap target and you just have to take the bus for 10€ or so to add if you don't want to pay for a direct flight to Frankfurt aM.

I wouldn't object that, I know plenty of good places in Frankfurt and I would imagine alf-life and maybe a few other crytekians would join us.

Has anyone seen Mazy lately? Officer Mazy please report in :mad:

Wouldn't mind meeting some of ya'll folks here, but tbh then I donno if I can be bothered to travel to another country to do it, I donno. Would have to be really easy and straight forward for my lazy self to go through with it D:

/me stares at mac....then hides

i could get mino'z from brazil, problem is mino i can't get you back to brazil ;):D

oh btw i can't for the obvious reason that sentura or rickd will instagib me :(

(not rly the reason, i don't have a freaking driver license else i would go on a fucking roadtrip thruw europe, and not that much money either, saving for the license..)