co_purity

dux

Hey, I've come to get shot down :P. Well, ok perhaps not, I hope.

Anyway, what I'm posting is some very early screenshots of a Natural-Selection Combat map (I know, another co map hits the curcit) that I've been fiddling away with for a few days now on and off. I'm merely posting for any comments that people may have on these few early screens that I've created in hope of perhaps being able to improve upon them some more if possible, or just any kind words that people may have to give. I haven't done any serious mapping for a while, so I'm a lil rusty at the moment... hopefully it'll all come flooding back to me soon. :P

Also - the lighting may appear seriously bright and washed out to some of you (possibly) if so then you're Monitors gamma is somewhat higher than mine so if they do appear to have a washed out look to them then that isn't the actual lighting. :) (I'm sure you could have figured that out, but I'll just mention it - just incase.)

So, uhmm, cheers. :wink:

purity1.jpg

purity2.jpg

purity3.jpg

You need to increase -gamma in HLRAD, because it looks close to fullbright :-?

What happened with your ns_ map btw?

I canned it because it wasn't turning out how I wanted. I would have announced it's cancelation, but I doubt anyone would have cared much, so I let it die.

Ok, thanks for the comments! One thing though, the lighting, as I see it is quite dark to me. I'm wondering - do you all have a high brightness on your monitors as the screenshots to me look quite dark and not very bright. :-?

I always have this problem when I make a Natural-Selection map, I get the brightness just right (for my monitor anway) then show it to someone else and they either get a completely dark sceenshot or a mega super fullbright one. Which then makes me look like bit of a b00n.

Either that of course, or my Monitor's bollocks. Knowing my luck, probably the latter.

Sounds like your monitor brightness settings are fluffed to me, it looks incredibly bright on my end. I'd suggest using Adobe Gamma to configure your monitor to an appropriate brightness.

If you really do see that as dark though, something must be pretty badly configured. Do you see the box you type your message into on these forums as white?

Sounds like your monitor brightness settings are fluffed to me, it looks incredibly bright on my end. I'd suggest using Adobe Gamma to configure your monitor to an appropriate brightness.

If you really do see that as dark though, something must be pretty badly configured. Do you see the box you type your message into on these forums as white?

Yeah, pure white.

[EDIT] Hmm, I think I've corrected it to an extent now. The brightness seems to be more even at least. And ack, those do look quite bright now. :-?

I agree with Mac, but please make it draker! It would look so much better

Indeed, that is now the plan. But as I've mentioned in posts before, it was very dark for me before I sorted my monitors gamma and brightness out. I agree that it does look seriously overbright and pretty ugly now I see what everyone else sees. I'm a b00n.

It must be pretty obvious that I never intended it to look this bright though... :shock:

Cheers.