Half-Life Episode 2 (Contains spoilers!)

curman

**MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS IN THIS MINI-REVIEW!***

Well, I just beat it. Took me half a day, but I finished Episode 2 finally. It's not a shocker that I finished it within that period, it's that I'm blown away by Episode 2. This is far better than Episode 1, even Half-Life 2 itself! Everything was beautiful to look at, fun to play, and like anything-- had it's cons.

Pros:

-Harder enemies. It was actually difficult this time, I died a few times at the harder parts. Strider attacks, hunters, zombies.

-BLOOD! Finally they added blood, and lots of it. There is waterfalls of blood when you shoot someone now.

-The scenery was great, it looks beautiful on Source Engine. Caves, forest, mountains, particals. All looked absolutely stunning.

-There is a new car to drive, it's awesome.

-Achievements, I'm glad they put in achievements for it's more than just beating the game, there are additional bonuses.

Cons:

-I have no idea what is going on. I played Half-Life 1, and Episode 1. Still, I didn't know where we were going to, what the hell is White Mountain? Who is the new doctor guy who appeared from nowhere? Why are we launching a rocket? The plot seemed very skippy over alot of details.

-Hunters are such bullshit to kill.

-All somewhat predictable. By that I mean nothing ever comes simple. You get in an elevator, and you know it's going to break or crash. It's easy to predict what outcome will happen.

BELOW ARE SCREENSHOTS THAT CONTAIN SPOILERS, DO NOT VIEW UNLESS YOU WANT TO SEE, OR BEATEN THE GAME AND ALREADY KNOW. (All resized, if you want a larger version just ask.)

ep1ve6.jpg

ep2qr9.jpg

ep3az3.jpg

ep4xu5.jpg

ep5lb2.jpg

ep6ba8.jpg

ep7ho2.jpg

ep8hz0.jpg

ep9hn7.jpg

ep10ro9.jpg

ep11vh1.jpg

ep12pc3.jpg

ep13by5.jpg

ep14ym8.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah there's even an achievement if you can smuggle the gnome into the rocket.

i thought ep 2 as a whole very entertaining, more so than portal (though i really liked the last parts of portal). took me about 6 hours to complete aswell, but that's what you can expect from episodic content. the story is really well told, more so than ep1 anyhow. i really loved the scenery and especially *spoiler?* the mountain houses down the snake path */spoiler*.

without going int more detail, i am very satisfied with this purchase, and really looking forward to ep3 (which will probably take another year and a half). also, with some of the references to aperture science, i could see ep3 converging with a sequel for portal.