Sign in to follow this  
Thrik

Team Fortress 2 beta!!!!!

I LOVE sudden death unabashedly. Every death matters at that point-- really makes the game sweat bead up.

I love the whole game, it rocks my socks clean the hell off.

I just hope they will get rid of the sudden death, that thing is completely retarded, the gamedesigner who had that idea should be hung up on the public place. How much times did i witnessed the evil dance of 3 engi's per team camping in their basement sticked to their dispensers waiting for the enemy to come in to be slaughtered against theirs sgs ://///

I think Sudden Death is really cool. The problem seems to be more that both linear territory control maps (Well, Granary) will invariably end in a stalemate right now. Ideally you should rarely see Sudden Death, that’s what makes the whole “we changed the rules!” thing so neat.

I think the problem stems from the spawn points simply not moving up as much as they should, allowing the losing team to immediately claw back and deadlocking the centre. If you played maps like Warpath you’ll know that once a team takes a node they practically spawn on top of it, if anything it gives the winning team even more of an advantage. Maybe unfair, but most games ended with a winner.

I love love love love love love sudden death. On the surface it's great because it allows the casual audience to enjoy the game more, but for the more adept players, it's a chance to show just how much of a badass you are. It forces you to play your class perfectly, because if you screw around, you die. We had a round this afternoon where I was stuck as pyro for sudden death in 2fort. I knew I wasn't going to do much in a straight firefight, so I went down to our basement and waited to ambush any spies or scouts coming through, and I ended up getting 2 of 'em. The round ended up with a rag-tag group of me as a pyro, an HW, and a medic sneaking into their base and taking out an HW, and engineer and his turret, and a sniper. If any of us had tried to do that alone, we would have been smoked. But we played our classes correctly, played as a team, and picked them, off one by one.

This has turned into one of those games that everybody in our office plays eagerly during gametime and then spends the next half hour sharing their best stories, a lot of them having to do with sudden death. Today all of the dead people very screaming (you could hear them down the hall), because Kami was a spy and hiding with the two surviving medics from the other team as they healed him up to max power before he backstabbed both of them. The shouts of "STOP HEALING HIM! HE'S A SPY!!" were glorious.

I really like Sudden Death when you're playing with people you know or find a server with some good team play, however if everybody's just doing their own thing it just sucks bigtime, as they're continuing their lone wolf routine.

Also, I constantly find myself trying out being a medic if theres a Heavy on the team, only to find that hes god awful at doing anything but dying. Grrrr

With custom FGD, and probably change the entity-data in existing maps, the round-timer can be removed all together, so you can keep going until one side captures all points (for CP-gameplay).

Oh mai , the Pyro is a lot more fun now after the latest update! Two Pyros can decimate an enemy team when rushing together, especially on setup on Dustbowl, if the Pyros are defending. Rush in, fry everything, and watch people fight over medpacks.