Team Fortress 2 beta!!!!!

Thrik

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've read of peoples impressions it looks like when I get around to getting it I'm gonna have to pretend its not Team Fortress but some other cool MP game.

Respawn timers in a TF game. What the fuck.

Yeah, the first thing that hit me is the slower pace, haven't played it enough to say how it's impacted the game however.

I gotta say playing Scout is more fun that I expected! Especially on 2fort! You can quickly get up behind them and smack them with the bat :-D

From what I've read of peoples impressions it looks like when I get around to getting it I'm gonna have to pretend its not Team Fortress but some other cool MP game.

Respawn timers in a TF game. What the fuck.

That's what the Sudden Death thing is about. Winner gets lowered respawntimers, iirc. But SD usually end up as stalemate anyways, since some shmuck camps to days end.

I really, really like this. I haven’t felt this about a game in a long time. So many things have caused me just to coo and giggle at the monitor - especially the (supposedly) little things like the kill shots, statistics, voices and nemesis system. It’s bares only a marginal semblance to TFC, but I’m going to state boldly after a mere 3 hours play that this seems better and I hope Portal fills the “I must jump about like a fool” void.

My knee-jerk reaction is that the Heavy is overpowered though, it cuts through the Soldiers of TF2 faster than the Scouts of TFC and everyone knows what a great synergy they have with Medics.

That's what the Sudden Death thing is about. Winner gets lowered respawntimers, iirc. But SD usually end up as stalemate anyways, since some shmuck camps to days end.

Just had a hilarious sudden death where an enemy solider and I took each other out by both firing rockets and jumping into the other persons.

If anything then I think the Scout is overpowered. That shotgun is fucking nasty up close. I'd have multiple situations where there were like 3 enemies trying to get me, and I'd eventually circle-strafe-jump and shoot enough to actually get them all, and in a lot of cases these were Heavys :)

But its probably a bit too early to tell, should be said that the people I played against the first time were really horrible :D

If anything then I think the Scout is overpowered. That shotgun is fucking nasty up close.

I sorta felt this way too. Also, the Pyro could use a *slight* bit extra length on his flame thrower.

Other than that, pretty much awesome. Really brings back the chaotic fun of TFC, just refined and tightened up a bit.

I think the heavy's are very easy to take down. Either the sniper or the spy can easily take them down in 1 shot. not to mention they are the biggest target.

On Attack/Defend maps the chance of you getting a Spy behind a Heavy or a Sniper to land a charged shot before the damage is already done is highly unlikely. They're also the most likely to be healed and charged with invincibility. And while it's possible to prance around as a scout to great effect, at least that takes more than holding MOUSE1 and pointing vaguely in the direction of the enemy.

I think he Pyro feels weak because he is essentially designed to be a short range version of the Heavy, but the Heavy is effective at all distances anyway so he doesn't need some slightly faster, short ranged bastard child.

But like I said this is all knee-jerk and just comparing it to the Heavy of TFC. We'll see.

I think the heavy's are very easy to take down. Either the sniper or the spy can easily take them down in 1 shot. not to mention they are the biggest target.

On Attack/Defend maps the chance of you getting a Spy behind a Heavy or a Sniper to land a charged shot before the damage is already done is highly unlikely. They're also the most likely to be healed and charged with invincibility.

It's so easy to kill a heavy as a spy, no mather the situation.

Disguise yourself as an enemy engineer for example, then run to the frontline. Just before you reach the enemy, cloack yourself and run passed the enemy. Once you are behind them search a corner where you can uncloack yourself without being noticed. There you can quickly destroy all turrets. After that you can easily backstab the enemy. I prefer to backstab the medic first, who usely is behind the heavy, since the heavy is to busy shooting he won't notice the dead of the medic and you can quickly backstab him too. If you get noticed, quickly cloack yourself again and look for a place to disguise yourself again (in an other class preferably).

If you are low on health just call for a medic, if you are disguised the enemy medic will heal you.

(it's really funny to backstab him just after he healed you haha).