New iPods

skdr

The iPod touch is pretty damn cool, but the 16GB's kill it for me. Seriously, you'll be juggling content like there's no tomorrow, at least if you also plan on using it for videos. Its like having a Nano but with a huge fuckoff screen with the potential of doing really cool stuff. Also the thing that impressed me most of all the announcements was actually the iPhone pricecut. The 8gig iPhone cost the same as the 16GB touchPod, makes it seem even dumber to get an iPod touch considering that its not that long before the iPhone will get here.

I still think they should've made a bigger and thicker version which was harddrive based, but apparently they're trying to stay all away from that now (probably battery efficiency of flash memory).

I need a new iPod (lock on my 60gig iPod photo is fucked up), but I'm pretty sure I'll feel really dumb by getting the 16gig touch compared to a 160gig classic.

Oh and plus there's so few wifi hotspots here in Denmark that the entire internets thing wont really matter much, yet anyway.

Peh

iPhone still has 2 year mandatory contract in it so it'll cost a lot carrots in the end. (60 bux /month in US)

I dont really care. I've been using phones for the last couple of years that have a lot of features but I generally only use like the basic functions of them, so I figure that I'd easily be able to use the iPhone for them 2 years. And to be perfectly honest then I use my iPod so much daily that I'd nearly be willing to pay anything for it. What I'm pissed about is the actual specs, I'd just wish they'd make like a wonder iPod touch that cost a shitload but was actually practical, would be great.

I just got the Ipod Video 30Gb and I'm not even using 10 Gb of it yet. I have more music though, but I'm not willing to navigate through a bitchload of music before I'm able to find the album I want. also, WTF am I supposed to do with 160Gb?? For me, that just WAY over the top! I can understand that this might be a wet dream for some mediafreak, but I'm not one of them.

Anyway, when push comes to shuff, I don't think this 'newer versions' add alot more bang to the buck of the average guy (except for a longer batterylife maybe). Still pisses me of to not have known about it though. :P

The revolutionary technology that made iPhone a hit...

Erm...no. It was not a hit. I don't know anybody who got one. :shock:

Anyway, there are plenty of alternative MP3 players that offer better value for money. I'm loving my iRiver Clix which has 4GB capacity and was bought for £80. The only problem I have with it is the lack of gapless playback. :(

I'll admit, the iPod touch is pretty cool but most of the features are pointless.

The iPod touch is pretty damn cool, but the 16GB's kill it for me. Seriously, you'll be juggling content like there's no tomorrow, at least if you also plan on using it for videos. Its like having a Nano but with a huge fuckoff screen with the potential of doing really cool stuff.

Imo 16gb is more than enough to have plenty of music on it. I still have my 256mb mp3 player and it still serves me well.

I have iPod Video 30 GB, but iPod Touch definitely is attractive. 16 GB is not that much, but I think that big screen is a great way to show some of your work (in screenshot format) to people while you network. It also lets you look through a reference folder on the go and be able to see more detail. The problem with iPods is they save the same photo 4 times. One for the small preview, for thumbnail, for slideshow and for TV. So 4 GB on PC quickly become 10 GB on iPod.

-Method