Time to move on..

FrieChamp

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think youre all forgetting the most important thing...theres a opening at Crytek! Everybody get their portfolios out!

No but really, that is a big decision to make Frie and I wish you the best of luck! With Crysis in your portfolio you will certainly have a strong card if you ever decide to try to get back into games dev again.

Good luck Frie. We're in the same boat, I'm 22 as well and just went back to college. Different field (engineering :shock: ), but its all the same. I hated school when I went straight out of highschool, dropped out, spun wrenches for a while, and now I'm back and I love school. You will too, especially if you're living with a good friend.

Again, good luck and have fun.

hehe nice to hear that from you Frie, it's a very tough decision but you are doing the right thing I suppose. You gotta have big cojones to quit a "dream job" and go to university, you got my respect for that ;)

As Twiz said I'm pretty sure you will enjoy your time there. I used to hate school and being forced to study boring stuff. And now it's totaly different since I'm studying what I enjoy (graphic design, visual arts etc) and have friends who have a lot in commom with me.

(interesting fact: I used to skip like 1-2 classes a week when I was in high school because. I have skipped college only 2 times so far :oops: )

Good luck Frie :)

So, how long will this education take? I have a lot of friends who are in the progress of taking education at the university, and they have like 3 years left, even after spending 2 years on it already, nuts :o

But good luck ;)

The university is a "university of applied sciences" and the studies actually consist of "trimesters" (instead of "semesters", although there are only 2 times a year you can join class, anyway...), so I won't have those 3 months summer vacations and whatnot, but the good thing is that it won't take forever. It will still be 3 years for a bachelor degree, but that also includes half a year internship in a company. If I want to go for a masters, I would need to chip in 2 additional years...I'll see once I got my BD if that is something I want to pursue :)

Sad to see you leave the game industry, but I'm glad you'll be doing something you want to do! Best of luck Frie.

Let's call it "a break" ;)

good luck! It's good to get away from the crunch of games sometimes. There is a whole world out there!

I know man, featuring sunlight and everything :shock::D

Thanks for the kind words everyone!