Borderlands

skdr

when gearbox makes a better game than iD and its going to be clear iD is as worthless as 3d realms and Carmack can feel free to die in a tragic rocket accident with no loss to video gamerzz

:roll:

Looks pretty cool, interested to learn more. Guys look a bit too much like Combine soldiers though :cry:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this serious? They are making a game that is so close to iDs rage. I mean from what I see on the cover, there are post apoc elements, and it's sci-fi and it has motorized stuff. With rpg elements? Wow, iDs game also is suppose to have some minor rpg elements.

This is just :fist:...

What's up with this stuff, 2 major companies working on "the same project" without knowing that the other company is doing the same thing?

Ok 4 player coop, yeah whatever that doesn't sound so ground-breaking to me. Maybe it's coop ala Left 4 Dead.

Many developers work on multiple titles at one time, though usually not all the titles are in the same stages of development. GB is also working on BiA: Hell's Highway which I assume is further along than Aliens or this one. Helps keep people busy and balanced with right amount of work across a studio as titles ramp up and down.

So we got this one, Aliens and BiA3.....

Anyway "Diablo meets Mad Max" sounds awesome compared to most game pitches I evaluate which usually go something like: "Halo meets WoW meets Super Mario...it's going to be the best game ever!" :roll:

Is this serious? They are making a game that is so close to iDs rage. I mean from what I see on the cover, there are post apoc elements, and it's sci-fi and it has motorized stuff. With rpg elements? Wow, iDs game also is suppose to have some minor rpg elements.

Well id are just making a game engine with some loose semblance of a game hanging off it, like they usually do these days. I don't really think anyone is excited about it.

Ok 4 player coop, yeah whatever that doesn't sound so ground-breaking to me. Maybe it's coop ala Left 4 Dead.

It's funny when magazines who get a scoop on something and go over the top. I remember when CVG got told of Halo 3 letting you change what your character looks like - hardly amazing innovative - yet it got a whole page devoted to it, 50% of which was the text "HALO GOES SUPERNOVA!!!"