Blind Spot (m)

JynxDaddy

This has been on my mind all week, I was reading this book health book, and by that I mean laughing at the reproductive organs, when I came across a Blind Spot test thingy.

If this doesnt work, try agian, move slower, put your right eye directly infront of the X.

With your left eye closed, focus on the X and move your head back and forth slowly until the dot is gone. Dont take your focus off the X

blindspot.gif

Thanks FrieChamp for giving a cheap boy hosting.

Once you get it working:

It goes blank because it goes over your blind spot, which is where your optic nerve connects to your eye, there are no light receptors there

eye-diagram.gif

Our brains prevent us from having black dots in our view by covering the blind spot with what ever is around it. Pretty neat!

Note : It also works if you focus on the dot with your right eye closed :D

It works.

Pretty neat, I have done quite a few of these things before. I find even if you just stare at wall or anything in a particular direction or someones face (best effect) for a prolonged period of time with both eyes open without blinking something pretty freaky happens too. Their faces warp, sometimes mouth disapears and everything (omai The_Matrix), and no, it's not just because your eyes are in need of relubrication (blinking). It doesn't take THAT long for the warpy effects to take place, just stare at a concentrated point.

- Ewok