Sign in to follow this  
mikezilla

Work at Gearbox Software on Aliens!

Mikezilla, how much support does the company give to foreign applicants ? I heard it's pretty hard (nearly impossible) to get a work permit for the USA if you got no university degree. Maybe it's possible with company sponsorship ?

Mikezilla, how much support does the company give to foreign applicants ? I heard it's pretty hard (nearly impossible) to get a work permit for the USA if you got no university degree. Maybe it's possible with company sponsorship ?

You're continental. Just drive across the border.

No but for real, I'm a little unsure as to how that all is working at the moment. I know a college degree makes it quite a bit simpler. Really, all I'm going on is that they want all the applications.

Who knows, maybe we'll toss out offsite contracts to a few really qualified people (don't quote me on that.)

From what i know its nearly impossible nowadays to get a work visa for USA especially after 911. I informed myself because Treyarch showed interest in me two times.

Afaik the company has to proof that this job cant be done by an american. Another option is the company makes an extra investment related to this job (100k if im right). The third option is the foreigner will be hired for one of the leader jobs. Fourth option the foreigner owns a decent part of the company.

Bump - I'd like to add we've also got some open slots on Borderlands yet, so also prod our way if that seems like your cup of tea and feel free to ping me with any questions.